Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts

GM Joins Indycar in 2012!!

WOW! Finally some REAL positive news for Indycar. The bottom is reached and now it will only go up!

General Motors Co. and its motorsports entity - GM Racing - has committed to fielding a Chevrolet-branded Twin-Turbo V6 racing engine to compete against Honda in the IndyCar Series beginning with the 2012 season. The announcement will be made this Friday, November 12, at a venue yet to be determined, although a press conference at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway would not be unexpected.
    http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    WOW! Finally some REAL positive news for Indycar. The bottom is reached and now it will only go up!

http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/
    Great! More of my Tax Dollars being wasted!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Great! More of my Tax Dollars being wasted!
    Is there any right answer with you?

This is good for the series, another manufacturer and an American one to boot. Pretty hard to find anything negative about this, except for one or two of you people that the rest of us just wish would go away.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Is there any right answer with you?

This is good for the series, another manufacturer and an American one to boot. Pretty hard to find anything negative about this, except for one or two of you people that the rest of us just wish would go away.
    So I am suppose to approve of my Tax dollars being taken from me and given to what was once a poorly run private company just so the politicians can pay back the Unions for all their help?

No! I am not!

And if you think I am the only one against Government Bailouts then you weren't paying attention last Tuesday!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Pretty hard to find anything negative about this, except for one or two of you people that the rest of us just wish would go away.
    Nice to see this sentiment being expressed by others too...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I am suppose to approve of my Tax dollars being taken from me and given to what was once a poorly run private company just so the politicians can pay back the Unions for all their help?

No! I am not!

And if you think I am the only one against Government Bailouts then you weren't paying attention last Tuesday!
    So what about NASCAR? Due you take issue with GM's involvment with that as well?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto-Matic
    So what about NASCAR? Due you take issue with GM's involvment with that as well?
    YES.

I take issue with anything GM does with MY MONEY!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    YES.

I take issue with anything GM does with MY MONEY!!!
    So then Anthony in your opinion, GM should not be racing in any series right now? It's typical that you'd piss all over any good news for the IRL, but I agree with you on GM spending tax dollars on racing. I think they should work on getting their books in order before spending on the frills of car racing. On the other hand, I like IndyCar, so personally I don't mind spending a few tax dollars to keep it going If I didn't like racing, I'd agree with you 100%.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    So then Anthony in your opinion, GM should not be racing in any series right now? It's typical that you'd piss all over any good news for the IRL, but I agree with you on GM spending tax dollars on racing. I think they should work on getting their books in order before spending on the frills of car racing. On the other hand, I like IndyCar, so personally I don't mind spending a few tax dollars to keep it going If I didn't like racing, I'd agree with you 100%.
    I don't care what series it is. GM shouldn't be involved in any racing as long as they are working on my dime.

In a perfect world every cent would be returned to the Government(Including interest) and they would declare bankruptcy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't care what series it is. GM shouldn't be involved in any racing as long as they are working on my dime.

In a perfect world every cent would be returned to the Government(Including interest) and they would declare bankruptcy.
    LMAO @ The Vopster, just like your outrage over the ALMS Corvettes eh, what a phony posting.... rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."