Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Curt Cavin said this earlier today on Twitter:

@CurtCavin: Chevy #IndyCar announcement Friday at 10 a.m. at Indy museum.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    should be good. dario. scott and graham in chevy's!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBARUTEAM
    I doubt anything will be announced regarding Chip moving to GM in 2012 if a deal has been agreed upon. He isn't stupid enough to put that information out there this early. If he, or any Izod Indycar team wants to get the same engines everyone else gets, they will all say they are going to evaluate their options, but no one will confirm any deals with anyone asides from Honda.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    I doubt anything will be announced regarding Chip moving to GM in 2012 if a deal has been agreed upon. He isn't stupid enough to put that information out there this early. If he, or any Izod Indycar team wants to get the same engines everyone else gets, they will all say they are going to evaluate their options, but no one will confirm any deals with anyone asides from Honda.
    Precisely
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBARUTEAM
    Dario may not even be racing in Indy Cars in 2012. This is great news for Graham though and he likely becomes the Indy Car face of Chevy, by 2012 (like Hornish was in the early 2000's).

Its obviously a positive for an American racing series to actually have an American engine manufacturer in the series again. Pretty sad, we haven't had any in many years.

But we had Chevy in the early 2000's, remember. And they could not keep up with the Honda yen, which pushed both them and Toyota out the door.

Hope they decide to spend some dough this time. Ganassi and Panther would be the two obvious choices, as the "house" teams. I'd be shocked if either aren't a part of the Chevy team.

And this also paves the way, for Tony Stewart Racing and Rick Hendrick Racing (and a couple of their drivers) to race in the Indy 500 in 2012. That has been the main holdup all along. The Honda thing. Now, that goes out the window.

Randy knows what he wants. And he seems to actually have a clue how to go get it.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    So I am suppose to approve of my Tax dollars being taken from me and given to what was once a poorly run private company just so the politicians can pay back the Unions for all their help?

No! I am not!

And if you think I am the only one against Government Bailouts then you weren't paying attention last Tuesday!

So you'd rather have a poorly run government owned company flounder with no marketing, no support and run like say medicare with zero chance of success? Give them a g-d chance. You might get a few of those tax dollars back.

Sure, everyone apposed to the bailout would still rather see GM fail and have ZERO chance of ever seeing the bailout funds repaid and still have our great grandchildren shoulder the tax burden. You own the damn company right now, maybe a little support would be in order. I didn't like or agree with the bailout any more than you, I CERTAINLY didn't agree with the unions owning one red cent of ANYTHNG, And They had better re-consider shifting production of anything more to China, but the flippin money is spent. Get over it.
    We voted a lot of the a$$e$ out, we'll get the rest soon enough.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know AR1's been reporting this and to give them credit, it appears they got this one right. Autosport and Speed are now reporting GM is announcing an IndyCar program.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88123

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-deal-imminent.

Great news for IndyCar. It would be great if Ford decided to do the same.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm just glad to see ANYONE else join the fray. Hopefully we're now actually talking about 3 engine manufacturers in Indycar. Honda (In-house?), Chevy (ILMOR?) and Lotus(Cosworth?) I'm very interested in seeing the details surrounding the Chevy Engine.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am somewhat dissapointed by this move. I was hoping the engines would be badged as Buicks.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is there any chance that GM may get involved in Formula 1 in the future?