Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Vettel already had a rear tire deflate, so we're off to a mediocre start.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    I'm worried a little by the message as I don't want to see competition falsly engineered into the sport.

If it was a sh*t hot tyre that was a second a lap quicker but lasted only up to a 1/3 distance and a harder tyre that if MANAGED could do a full distance but was a second slower and ripped up if you abused it, then that could be interesting.

I was less than impressed with the tyres this year where we were hearing that the softs were good for 3 or 4 laps but then we had people doing almost full race distance with very little degredation. That's just silly.
    Agree with most of this. Personally, if we're stuck with a control tyre then the least they could do for us is supply a range of compounds going from very grippy but not very durable, to very durable but little grip, with a few in between, and let the teams run what they want when they want at every race, that would be acceptable.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Although the cynic in me thinks they just have cr@p tyres and don't want the bad press. :
    that is the way I see it
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And with the first tests, Nico's saying that they are much slower then bridgestones, are these the final set of tires that they would be using in races, or would they keep improving till first practice in Bahrain?

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    I suspect you're probably right. but Bridgestone tyres seem too good sometimes, so it's a fine balance. lets hope they are not awful, that would be a travesty and a joke for F1.
    to me that is a fairly weird statement.

Since when is doing a good job on producing tyres a bad thing.
    How can tyres be too good?????

It is only in these modern F1 times that we are now looking at a tyre manufacturer who produced an outstanding product as a bad thing. Amazing.
    I hate these tyre situations and the stupid 2 compound rule. To me the tyres should play no factor in race strategy. Along with the stupid fuel regulations.

This is just an artificial and annoying way to spice up the show. The added element does not make for better racing only for more boring and predictable outcomes. Only twice this year did we see any excitement because of tyre degradation and that was Canada and Valencia, and that had more to do with the team's poor strategy than the tyre itself. More often than not, we see drivers having to abandon attacks because of the tyres

You can have either this mandatory 2 tyre rule or the no fueling rule. but not both IMO
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    How about a three tyre rule. Now that would really be interesting. :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Vettel already had a rear tire deflate, so we're off to a mediocre start.
    Due to some mystery "debris" apparently.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Due to some mystery "debris" apparently.
    Most probably a left over marble from a Bridgestone tire punctured the Pirelli!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What a bunch of stupid drivel I have been reading.
    You people are supposed to be enthusiasts with some understanding of how racing works not a bunch of once a year fans.
    This is first real test of the new Pirelli F1 tires with an assortment of drivers and not one car designed to support the tires.
    It is testing. It is for Pirelli and the car manufactures to sort things out.
    The tires produced for the races will undoubtably be different.
    So there was one failure. More than one Bridgestone failed this year for one reason or another.
    I do not give a sweet &^*) if they are a second or 10 seconds slower than the Bridgestones. Who cares. It is the same for all and even might make passing easier, although I doubt it.
    One flippin day of testing an a whole lot of useless gum flapping!

Well I guess I am in a lot of doghouses now.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    What a bunch of stupid drivel I have been reading.
    You people are supposed to be enthusiasts with some understanding of how racing works not a bunch of once a year fans.
    This is first real test of the new Pirelli F1 tires with an assortment of drivers and not one car designed to support the tires.
    It is testing. It is for Pirelli and the car manufactures to sort things out.
    The tires produced for the races will undoubtably be different.
    So there was one failure. More than one Bridgestone failed this year for one reason or another.
    I do not give a sweet &^*) if they are a second or 10 seconds slower than the Bridgestones. Who cares. It is the same for all and even might make passing easier, although I doubt it.
    One flippin day of testing an a whole lot of useless gum flapping!

Well I guess I am in a lot of doghouses now.
    I guess you are in the doghouse.
    Racing has ended for the year, and there is really not that much to get excited about.
    So we make up some fun to tide us over the next 4 months. If we don't, we'll all die of boredom.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout