Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Alonso's JaguarF1 test

I've just found this picture of Alonso testing a Jaguar, presumably in 2002. It suprised me because I knew he tested for Benetton before singing with Minardi but this Jaguar thing didnt ring a bell at all.

Do you know details of this test? (track, date, laptimes, and most importantly the purpose of test, I mean wasnt he singed as Renault's testdriver at that time? So how could this test materilize at all?)

Cheers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea you're correct it was in 2002 just before the French GP I think. Basically it was already paddock knowlege he was going to Renualt and replacing Button for 2003, and I remeber on ITV Martin Brundle said on tv it was a pointless test as he already believed he was going Renault and also because Jag already had Da La Rosa signed for 2003 so it would have a marketing nightmare, little did everyone know was that Niki Lauda was going to terminate Da La Rosa's contract a year early in favour of Mark Webber and Pizzonia

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Silverstone, May 30, 2002. 50 laps, best time 1:22.769. He was already testing full schedule for Renault, so it is a little hard to understand.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have never seen that before. You won´t go to sleep without learning something...
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, it´s ****ing freezing cold