Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Robert McNamara

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    I have.
    And I have learned from them.
    And what you have learned from them is that your view is always right, and that no discussion thereon is necessary?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Wow. That was a ridiculous statement even by your standards.
    Is self-awareness one of your self-confessed strong points?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    There are no shades of black. Black contains no colour, whereas white contains all colours, so would it not be more accurate to say grey is a shade of white.

(This is all getting very abstract and theoretical, but I'll have a go for the laugh)

Anyway, before we get all yin and yang, how can you say "one only sees one side or the other"? Does that not make all debate and discussion pointless?
    As Jim Hightower once said- "There ain't nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes, and dead armadillos."

You are very incorrect as white is all colors, and black is the lack of color, only in form of energy, i.e. not something solid.
    There is no such thing as a grey light-bulb.

In the solid format, black is all colors, and white is lacking and only in that form can man "make" grey.
    In my art painting class we added color to white to make shades, or we mixed various colors to make different forms of- black, but if one wanted to make a proper shade of grey, one had to start with black, as blacks made up by mixing colors may not shade out as desired because of its contents.