Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ahhhh.....Scotch

Received the incredibly kind and generous gift of a bottle of Balvenie's Doublewood 12 year from my brother in law. Perhaps not my top pick for Scotch, but it is a very fine one.

So what's your favorite Scotch?

I prefer Island malts-Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Talisker
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I love a Bells. Two tots with 3 blocks of ice. Nothing beats it.

Also like my beer (Millers to be precise) but beer tends to make you bloated after a while.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I like almost all single malts but prefer an Islay.
    However the price in Ont. is so high I very rarely drink one now. So mostly Grants blended. The single malts start in the mid $40 range and go up to well over $100 for a 26er. Even Grants is about $25.
    They only way to drink a single malt is straight up.
    With a blend maybe water or an Ice cube or even possibly soda water. Anybody wants ginger ale or worse, coke, they get rye.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I've never understood the concept of diluting scotch down further than it already is.

Indeed-straight up is the only way to go
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't claim to be a great Whisky expert but I do love a good distillery tour when I visit Scotland. OK, if you've been on one, you've been on them all but I do like the tasteing bits at the end.

A favourite of mine has to be a Dewars 10 year blend when I went there but I thought their single malt was pretty aweful. I also really enjoyedthe Famous Grouse tour at the Glenturret distillery, particually the BAFTA winning 3D video thing.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I've never understood the concept of diluting scotch down further than it already is.
    Drinking with water is supposed to bring out the flavours. Hense, why most decent whisku gift sets also coming with a water jug.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

whisky

About 15 years ago i taught a lady to drive,as is my profession,as a present she gave my a bottle of Whisky which they had posessed for a number of years.Now this is no normal bottle of whisky ,as she rung me about 2 years ago and asked if i still had the bottle complete with the box.,as she has just been told because of its rareness it could be worth around £1000.It is called The "Royal Household" Scotch Whisky.

distilled,blended,and bottled by James Buchanan& company Ltd
    Who has ever seen one of these?
    Its in a Royal Blue box,and 40%vol
    anyone know about this Whisky?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some people get whiskey ... I got given some homemade lime marmalade the other day. Then a bag of tomatoes and a bucket for potatoes

Luckily, I don't drink :
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I've never tried Millers, but I hope it tastes nothing like Coors. Are they considered beer or lager, thats another question?
    Millers is the only decent beer the Yanks make. It is a draft beer and is surprisingly smooth and refreshing. Problem is it still bloats ya belly
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Miller is nasty, if you want good american beer. try Sam Adams or 312.

but I'm a Jameson and Crown Royal guy, I own the finer whiskies from them and are all good.

I also prefer Chivas 12, very good scotch
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)