Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Daniel, Your supposed to say "Whats wrong hun' or 'Inbox me if you need to talk'.

I will actually do that if it's someone I like and they're not always doing it because obviously something is wrong. But the sort of person who does it all the time? No thanks!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    True, but if it was that bad I dont think I would actually want to post it on facebook. Yes to telling close friends and family but no thanks to telling all and sundry.

A guy I went to school with has posted on facebook today that he is expecting a baby with his girlfriend. A few congratulation responses later and his ex-girlfriend and also the mother of his existing child has said 'You could have told me." Think about these things before you splash them all over facebook you moron!
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    True, but if it was that bad I dont think I would actually want to post it on facebook. Yes to telling close friends and family but no thanks to telling all and sundry.

A guy I went to school with has posted on facebook today that he is expecting a baby with his girlfriend. A few congratulation responses later and his ex-girlfriend and also the mother of his existing child has said 'You could have told me." Think about these things before you splash them all over facebook you moron!
    Did she say it on Facebook? Is that not just as bad?

Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    LOL

Really annoys me too, but then I keep myself to myself anyway so facebook is not too different. Unlike some of my dear colleagues at work who insist on giving every little detail about what is going on in their lives and how they watched a whale being disected on tv last night. Shut up dammit!!

Tis all
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    LOL

Really annoys me too, but then I keep myself to myself anyway so facebook is not too different. Unlike some of my dear colleagues at work who insist on giving every little detail about what is going on in their lives and how they watched a whale being disected on tv last night. Shut up dammit!!

Tis all
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    LOL

Tis all
    Not being a Facebook (MySpace, Twitter, Friendster, etc.) user, I admit that I get a certain amount of sick pleasure out of news stories that detail people getting fired or served with divorce papers over things they've foolishly posted on these sites. The way I see it, nothing posted on these sites is (truly) private. Just last night there was a report on Bloomberg that detailed how people found it curious that emails in their Gmail inboxes were accompanied by ads that picked up on keywords in their "private" mails. That little slime, Zuckerberg (and the Google "Don't Be Evil" guys), is just suckering people into putting as many personal details about themselves as possible online, so he can up his ad rates. It's a brilliant strategy... just one that I refuse to willingly be a part of. I know they've got me in other ways. So be it. But at least I'm going to make them work a little harder to harass me.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Does anyone here have any melodramatic facebook posters on their friends list?

I've got this one guy who seems to post melodramatic stuff about 70% of the time. Not quite sure what is wrong with his life but why the hell whine about it ALL the damn time?
    inimitablestoo likes this
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Melodramatic Facebook posters are simply an extension of their family, which were the melodramatic forum posters. Drama queens and kings, lost in the lack of reality that cyberspace allows them.

I prefer to talk to a person face to face or pick up the phone. I have no want for any social phony sites, IMs, text messages, or anything else that tries to be personal in such an impersonal way.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just deleted about 30 people from my Facebook.

Just got tired of their stupid posts and constant negative attitude.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Not being a Facebook (MySpace, Twitter, Friendster, etc.) user, I admit that I get a certain amount of sick pleasure out of news stories that detail people getting fired or served with divorce papers over things they've foolishly posted on these sites. The way I see it, nothing posted on these sites is (truly) private. Just last night there was a report on Bloomberg that detailed how people found it curious that emails in their Gmail inboxes were accompanied by ads that picked up on keywords in their "private" mails. That little slime, Zuckerberg (and the Google "Don't Be Evil" guys), is just suckering people into putting as many personal details about themselves as possible online, so he can up his ad rates. It's a brilliant strategy... just one that I refuse to willingly be a part of. I know they've got me in other ways. So be it. But at least I'm going to make them work a little harder to harass me.
    Sadly some people just don't get it. I'm on fb but I don't really have much on there at all. I don't even have my last name on there. When I got my new phone recently it pulled all the details of my FB friends down from fb and a lot of them have phone numbers and a whole lot more on facebook
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.