Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Of

When you Americans think about your foreign policies, you'd better decide if you want the Islamists or the pirates and drug dealers.You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    I say NONE to that little riddle.....
    Nuke them all and that will stop all that nonsense real quick.
    Of course, best not to eat the cake from there for a couple thousand years, or at least till all the radioactivity goes away
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo

Since they are operating far outside their territorial waters, perhaps they should use their pirate fleets for fishing. Plenty of fish out there.
    And how do you know the amount of fish there?
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    American foreign policy has nothing to do with the condition of Somali. Somali itself is another bastird offspring of British map design. The Somalian people and the local big time players have everything to do with the condition of Somali. The Ethiopian troops and the troops that are in there now trying to act as peacekeepers are the results of ANC action, not the USA or the UN. The UN tried to help them out before and won't go back anytime soon.
    That's what you think. The US is always meddling with affairs of other countries, if not openly then behind the scenes:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...ethiopia_x.htm

U.S. support key to Ethiopia's invasion
    Updated 1/8/2007 11:07 AM ET E-mail | Save | Print | Reprints &

By Barbara Slavin, USA TODAY
    WASHINGTON — The United States has quietly poured weapons and military advisers into Ethiopia, whose recent invasion of Somalia opened a new front in the Bush administration's war on terrorism.

A Christian-led nation in sub-Saharan Africa, surrounded almost entirely by Muslim states, Ethiopia has received nearly $20 million in U.S. military aid since late 2002. That's more than any country in the region except Djibouti.

Last month, thousands of Ethiopian troops invaded neighboring Somalia and helped overturn a fundamentalist Islamic government that the Bush administration said was supported by al-Qaeda.

The U.S. and Ethiopian militaries have "a close working relationship," Pentagon spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Joe Carpenter said. The ties include intelligence sharing, arms aid and training that gives the Ethiopians "the capacity to defend their borders and intercept terrorists and weapons of mass destruction," he said.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    They you must never listen to or read the news; this has been a hot topic for a long time.
    There's no need to be like that, my friend. I read and listen to the news, but I have found in my experience that anytime the news covers something that I have independent knowledge of it's so full of inaccuracies that it has made me distrust all the information the news contains.

I have no direct knowledge of Somalia, so I consider whatever I read or hear about on the news to be at best generalised information. Being informed by the news does not make anyone informed.

So I'm curious to hear what people have to say, in the interests of an informed, agreeable discussion. And hot topics in your part of the world might just not get a mention over here, obviously.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's what you think. The US is always meddling with affairs of other countries, if not openly then behind the scenes:

I don't mean to be rude, Eki, but you've just summarised the content of 99% of your posts in one sentence. Not every thread has to be about bashing the US.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...ethiopia_x.htm
    The USA gives weapons and training to a lot of countries, as do other nations. So what? Ethiopia is going to act in it's own best interests as the government of a nation.

Somali's problems are the result of different tribes, in the same country, that refuse to get along with one another. It's a classic example of advanced multiculturalism and it's the direction Iraq is going, again.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And how do you know the amount of fish there?

I made a lucky guess.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Shoot the bloody pirates. After they have shot enough of them they will hopefully learn to find other "jobs" to do, like farming or fishing.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not to worry. The EU is now training Somalian government soldiers so everything will be ok soon. Right.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    learn to find other "jobs" to do, like farming or fishing.
    Easier said than done, I'd presume, considering where they live in. Maybe South Africa could give them some farm land?