Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I hate daylight savings. Why screw around with time?
    Totally agree Never understood the whole "daylight saving" idea
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I hate dark mornings.
    Sadly your opinion doesn't count because people seem to have the misguided idea that people are going to go out and do stuff outside in the evenings when it's frigging cold.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Daylight savings is excellent.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Don't like the dark evenings!

Did exactly the same trip to the garden centre at the same time last night as I did the previous week, last week was in the light and it felt like the afternoon, this week it was pitch black and I was subconsciously rushing because it felt much later!

Plus the traffic was much much worse, but I guess that was because the previous week was half term!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mark, did you check out ther weird white Santa? That slightly freaked me out.

I don't know if its a psychological thing but my jorney's home from work just seem to take much longer now its dark. I know it was half term last week but my journey feels like its more than doubled in time when in reality it hasn't changed at all.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Mark, did you check out ther weird white Santa? That slightly freaked me out.
    No, didn't see it! Although I'll be going back pretty soon to take back this stupidly noisy air pump, so I'll take a look!

I don't know if its a psychological thing but my jorney's home from work just seem to take much longer now its dark. I know it was half term last week but my journey feels like its more than doubled in time when in reality it hasn't changed at all.
    Didn't help that last night it was lashing it down with rain too. Driving along at 70mph unable to see too far in front of me!

If going over to CET means that there's even a little light before I leave work, then it's worth doing IMO! I don't really care about travelling to work in the dark, I tend to be tired in the evening, after a day at work, I can cope with darkness better in the morning.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    No, didn't see it! Although I'll be going back pretty soon to take back this stupidly noisy air pump, so I'll take a look!

Didn't help that last night it was lashing it down with rain too. Driving along at 70mph unable to see too far in front of me!

If going over to CET means that there's even a little light before I leave work, then it's worth doing IMO! I don't really care about travelling to work in the dark, I tend to be tired in the evening, after a day at work, I can cope with darkness better in the morning.
    But it's suddenly being dropped into darkness on your commute that's the problem. If we didn't have DST or it ended earlier then this wouldn't be as much of an issue because the transition would be gradual and people would get used to it. The last time I drove when it was properly dark was back in August when we drove down after work to get the ferry down in Dover which was back in August. Of course if people get dropped into pitch black darkness at a time of the year where there's often rain (it's rained the last 3 nights on my commute) then there's going to be trouble.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Admin
    I saw the white santa! Not only did he look strange, but he smelled too!