Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rahal Sponsorship Deal

So is Sarah the real loser here for "doing the right thing" last season and putting Jr. Rahal in the drivers seat? The Rahal boys better head this off before it becomes a real pr nightmare for them. Of course, sponsors are stolen or wooed from team to team all the time, but unless we hear the whole story on this one, Sarah could cause these guys some real trouble. And one of the most dangerous times for a new sponsorship deal is right after they sign. Bad pr could send these guys packing before a wheel is ever turned.
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    who "found" the sponsorship in the first place? Rahal or Fisher? I am guessing if the sponsor wanted to put that kind of money into it they put stipulation that the team had to be a "winner" - so my best guess is that SFR never had a shot at the big sponsorship deal... however, as you say, it would be good for all involved to lay out the details on the table just to avoid bad PR.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah Graham was quote in the local Columbus paper saying this past year his been like a business course with all the different sponsors. He worked so hard and got that sponsor for him not for SFR. At the beginning of the year he could have had other deals but didn't want to be locked in to them so he wouldn't get NTB to sponsor him if he knew that meant he couldn't switch to another team. I don't understand why SF should be upset?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    In the end it was the sponsors decision....So what is the problem?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    In the end it was the sponsors decision....So what is the problem?
    Agreed. Sarah didn't have them signed for 2011.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was my understanding that Sarah had NTB as an associate sponsor before Rahal signed to drive her car. I could be wrong, but the Rahal camp should still issue some news to clear it up before a non-story becomes a big story if that's the case.
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    TBC is the parent company of Tire Kingdom, which was the sponsor Jay Howard brought with him to SFR in Dec. 2009.

NTB, NTW, Big O Tire, etc. are all TBC companies.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So then he didn't "steal" it from Sarah he "stole" it for Jay Howard it seems.

So if a sponsor changes it mind I guess it is steal?

hmmmm

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    What is it about auto racing forums that initials are used so frequently? 'Laughing Out Loud'

What prey tell is NTB, and NTW, and TBC? 'Scratches head'

I figured out that SF and SFR, is Sarah Fisher and Sarah Fisher Racing. 'Thumbs Up'
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Part of the confusion is thanks to TBC. Look up their web site, and all of the umbrella companies are listed. OK?