Page 800 of 900 FirstFirst ... 300700750790798799800801802810850 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 9000
    Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I doubt that Samsonas driving suddenly and magically got faster since last year...

If the details of his post are correct I can guarantee that his BMW makes more power than the R5s. There is no way something more than 100 kgs heavier is that much faster with the same driver without considerable power gain. He is probably running completely without restrictor.

Samsonas took advantage of lax rules and now he risk being held back by the same rules. I don't feel sorry for him.

Any idiot can go fast with lax rules. Turbocharged LS engines makes crazy power from a very condensed package so if I were to drop one into a Subaru with a strong enough transmission I could beat Samsonas tomorrow, and all Samsonas "rally fans" would be mighty impressed.

When Samsonas beats an R5 on equal turf I'm impressed. Until then I think he is complaining too much.

He was already fastest last year with Mitsubishi, which was way more powerful than current BMW. And previous years also pretty fast with 2WD BMW.
    You can of course have your opinion, that normal. But don't write that you "guarantee" anything about what you have totally no idea.

2. Likes: cali (6th August 2016),electroliquid (2nd August 2016)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    He was already fastest last year with Mitsubishi, which was way more powerful than current BMW. And previous years also pretty fast with 2WD BMW.
    You can of course have your opinion, that normal. But don't write that you "guarantee" anything about what you have totally no idea.
    He had problems winning Lithuanian national events last year and all of a sudden this year he is faster than the entire ERC field.

I have no idea where you get your information but seriously... Not even Ogier could beat the entire ERC field with something that according to you is weaker and heavier than an R5 car. It is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    I'm not an expert, but N/A engines doesn't need restrictor according rally rules, and his BMW engine is N/A. According national rules engine must be made in same factory as a car (e.g. BMW with BMW engine, Subaru with Subaru, etc.) and must be up to 3500 ccm (turbo*1.7), so M3 engine fits these rules. Yes it has more power than R5 - BMW E46 M3 S54 B35 414Hp 429Nm. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...04552026438796

It's hard to tell if he's faster than last year as a drives, 2015 he won 1 rally, and retired 2 times as leader, 2014 was 3rd overall with 2wd BMW E30 M3, in 2013 was 2nd overall in Lancer EVO IX. ANd in Rally Žemaitija 2016 his braking points was much more closer to Tidemand, and Rovanpera jr. than everybody else with R5, WRC (Old generation), and proto cars.
    He was untouchible in autocross, he is fast in rally stage, and now when he made quick car, and combine it with his skills, suddenly everybody start attach him for being faster than everybody else.
    I don't know the exact rules in Lithuania, it was more of an example. If it was as easy as I described we'd have people wrapped around trees daily.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    Mirek, for sure you know it's not possible to build in small garage, even with best people and some amount of money, car performing similar to the one build by works team with big experience, not limited tests kms, etc.
    If the garage builds the car under same rules as the manufacturer than I for sure agree. However if the rules are significantly different it doesn't need to be true as all the works cars are restricted. They are not the best what those manufacturers can build since the rules give them restrictions.

Not speaking about Samsonas as I know nothing about his case. I mean general principle why I don't support some crazy local invented rules very different than FIA ones. It's same case with GTs here in CZ where ASN basically allows whatever Invelt team comes with. In this moment nobody can say how fast their car is when there is no sensible comparison.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    He had problems winning Lithuanian national events last year and all of a sudden this year he is faster than the entire ERC field.

I have no idea where you get your information but seriously... Not even Ogier could beat the entire ERC field with something that according to you is weaker and heavier than an R5 car. It is impossible.

I don't know the exact rules in Lithuania, it was more of an example. If it was as easy as I described we'd have people wrapped around trees daily.
    Ok correction... I missed that the open class did not run all the stages up until stage 13 so I compared times wrong with the main rally. My mistake, sorry about that!

Samsonas is still faster than most of the ERC field, but not as crazy fast as I thought he was. Apologies where apologies are due.

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    During Rally Estonia he was not that fast. Only one stage he won ex equo with ERC drivers, rest he was slower, around 5-7 positions most of the time.
    Last season he was by far fastest on all lithuanian champs events he took part in. Just had some punctures, technical issues and one off.
    I have enough data to compare acceleration, etc of M3X and R5 cars and I know what I'm writing.

7. Likes: cali (6th August 2016),TheFlyingTuga (4th August 2016)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    8 minute onboard from Lukanyuk. He still drives the R5 like a long heavy Mitsubishi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6JLnvcEGEk

9. Likes: dimviii (3rd August 2016)
    Liked 16,091 Times in 6,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    8 minute onboard from Lukanyuk. He still drives the R5 like a long heavy Mitsubishi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6JLnvcEGEk
    amazing drive as always. Pitty that he is out of money.

Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    http://automanas.tv3.lt/savadarbiams...sose-ne-vieta/ Some more info in local media about Samsonas car, and what difficulties they have faced now, sadly same accusations on Vorobjov's Mirage Proto, which isn't so "super too fast". Google translate does OK job on this article

Liked 74 Times in 33 Posts
    VIDEO: After big and spectacular jump crew crashed out
    http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/ralli...varijas-video/

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Rally Lubeník, Slovakia, saw a big battle between Valoušek, Grzyb and Melichárek. In the end Valoušek won, Melichárek's car broke down in the last stage and Grzyb hit two chicanes. Again awesome driving by Ján Kundlák with R2.

1. Valoušek (Fabia R5) 46:56,6
    2. Grzyb (Fiesta R5) +15,2 (20 sec penalty)
    3. Ondrej (Fabia WRC) +36,4 (10 sec penalty)
    4. Majerčák (Fiesta R5) +59,3
    5. Černý (Fabia R5) +1:11,1 (10 sec penalty)
    6. Cvrček (Fabia R5) +2:28,8 (10 sec penalty)
    7. Kundlák (208 R2) +4:11,4
    8. Cserhalmi (Evo IX gr.N) +4:19,3
    9. Lapdavský (Evo IX gr.N) +4:45,8
    10. Tábori (C2 R2) +5:19,8

Notable retirements: Melichárek (Fiesta WRC) - technical, Drotár (Fabia WRC) - technical, Sýkora (Fabia R5) - off road, Tomaštík (Impreza WRC S12B) - technical,
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump