Page 799 of 900 FirstFirst ... 299699749789797798799800801809849899 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 9000
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    He's moaning and whining a bit too much for my taste.

It is obvious that his BMW is fast as hell and making the sport more equal for everyone is natural in rallying. It is not like he suddenly after thirteen years of rallying career learnt how to drive and started winning.

Whatever rules they run, he has interpreted them better than everyone else and he reaping the benefits.

Of course this would not go on forever and he should not be surprised.

Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Samsonas was fast enough to be on podium last six or seven years, but drove 2WD or had technical problems with 4WD. Last year drive Evo8 and manage to be faster than everyone else, including Lukyanuk (in another "home made" fast car) http://rallyutena.com/lt/bendri-rezultatai Yes, later Samsonas had accident with spectators car on side of stage...
    Samsonas building great cars, and for some guys with big pockets he is enemy. When he drive 2WD BMW - car is too fast, sits in Subaru - car is too light, now again too fast. So many accusations against Samsonas, but there is national lithuanian rally spice - accuse faster guy, that he are breaking rules (or bending them).

Liked 560 Times in 243 Posts
    Today was the 5th round of the Hungarian Championship, the Székesfehérvár Rally (this year on tarmac stages only). It was a big fight between Herczig and Tóth, which was decided after Tóth collected two punctures on back-to-back stages and having had only one spare had retired (but this info is not official). Botka was present too, testing settings and because of this maybe but he was very slow (also had a puncture along the way). Anyways, if I'm not mistaken Herczig needs a few points from the next event to become champion.
    Results:
    1. Herczig-Bacigál, Skoda Fabia R5 53:51.2 (132.7 km/h average!)
    2. Velenczei-Farnadi, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX R4 +25.3
    3. Hadik-Kertész, Ford Fiesta R5 +48.9
    4. Vincze-Kuti, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX R4 +58.0
    5. Spitzmüller-Béres, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X R4 +1:17.8
    6. Balogh-Holczer, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +1:31.4
    7. Kazár-Ferencz, Ford Fiesta R5 +2:11.3 (+10s pen.)
    8. Botka-Szeles, Citroën DS3 R5 Evo +2:32.8
    9. Trencsényi-Verba, Ford Fiesta R5 Evo +2:33.7
    10. Ollé - Czakó-Budai, Ford Fiesta S2000 +2:39.3
    Edit:
    Tóth actually crashed out after having a puncture and falling behind Herczig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liT0HMZmfIA
    Last edited by TWRC; 1st August 2016 at 08:48.

4. Likes: Mirek (31st July 2016),WUff1 (1st August 2016)
    Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    Today was the 5th round of the Hungarian Championship, the Székesfehérvár Rally (this year on tarmac stages only). It was a big fight between Herczig and Tóth, which was decided after Tóth collected two punctures on back-to-back stages and having had only one spare had retired (but this info is not official). Botka was present too, testing settings and because of this maybe but he was very slow (also had a puncture along the way). Anyways, if I'm not mistaken Herczig needs a few points from the next event to become champion.
    Results:
    1. Herczig-Bacigál, Skoda Fabia R5 53:51.2 (132.7 km/h average!)
    2. Velenczei-Farnadi, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX R4 +25.3
    3. Hadik-Kertész, Ford Fiesta R5 +48.9
    4. Vincze-Kuti, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX R4 +58.0
    5. Spitzmüller-Béres, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X R4 +1:17.8
    6. Balogh-Holczer, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +1:31.4
    7. Kazár-Ferencz, Ford Fiesta R5 +2:11.3 (+10s pen.)
    8. Botka-Szeles, Citroën DS3 R5 Evo +2:32.8
    9. Trencsényi-Verba, Ford Fiesta R5 Evo +2:33.7
    10. Ollé - Czakó-Budai, Ford Fiesta S2000 +2:39.3
    Edit:
    Tóth actually crashed out after having a puncture and falling behind Herczig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liT0HMZmfIA
    And Herczig is already champion!

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Funny thing is when people cry, complain or just make their statements and they have no idea (most of the time at all) about what they are talking about.

I think there is only one person who drove Samsonas M3X and some R5 cars and has direct comparision. All the others who complain don't know a lot about R5 cars and also don't know too much about M3X. Yeah, it's very nice, very fast car, but cannot be compared to R5...

Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    He's moaning and whining a bit too much for my taste.

It is obvious that his BMW is fast as hell and making the sport more equal for everyone is natural in rallying. It is not like he suddenly after thirteen years of rallying career learnt how to drive and started winning.

Whatever rules they run, he has interpreted them better than everyone else and he reaping the benefits.

Of course this would not go on forever and he should not be surprised.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    That's why I prefer very clear and very firm rules even if it means to loose a bit of variety because that's the only way to prevents such situations.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: dimviii (1st August 2016),itix (1st August 2016),leighton323 (1st August 2016),pantealex (1st August 2016)
    Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Yes, but those rules are quite clear and Samsonas M3X is build 100% according to those rules, 100% clear car. I think it's not faster than Evo from last year, just with set-up (and most important general handling characteristics) which suits the driver much more.
    Mirek, for sure you know it's not possible to build in small garage, even with best people and some amount of money, car performing similar to the one build by works team with big experience, not limited tests kms, etc. So no chances to compare with Skoda, Ford, etc. Samsonas car drove 20kms of light test (more like roll-out) and immediately won first stage of Sarma rally. Then of course technical issues, but it's normal with some prototype project with limited testing.
    Most local people don't want to accept the fact that it's the driver who makes the difference. I have some experience with plenty of drivers and Samsonas on gravel is an exceptional talent! If he has clear mind and car which suits him he can be crazy fast. Of course he lacks experience, etc, but pure speed and talent are amazing.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    Yes, but those rules are quite clear and Samsonas M3X is build 100% according to those rules, 100% clear car. I think it's not faster than Evo from last year, just with set-up (and most important general handling characteristics) which suits the driver much more.
    Mirek, for sure you know it's not possible to build in small garage, even with best people and some amount of money, car performing similar to the one build by works team with big experience, not limited tests kms, etc. So no chances to compare with Skoda, Ford, etc. Samsonas car drove 20kms of light test (more like roll-out) and immediately won first stage of Sarma rally. Then of course technical issues, but it's normal with some prototype project with limited testing.
    Most local people don't want to accept the fact that it's the driver who makes the difference. I have some experience with plenty of drivers and Samsonas on gravel is an exceptional talent! If he has clear mind and car which suits him he can be crazy fast. Of course he lacks experience, etc, but pure speed and talent are amazing.
    I doubt that Samsonas driving suddenly and magically got faster since last year...

If the details of his post are correct I can guarantee that his BMW makes more power than the R5s. There is no way something more than 100 kgs heavier is that much faster with the same driver without considerable power gain. He is probably running completely without restrictor.

Samsonas took advantage of lax rules and now he risk being held back by the same rules. I don't feel sorry for him.

Any idiot can go fast with lax rules. Turbocharged LS engines makes crazy power from a very condensed package so if I were to drop one into a Subaru with a strong enough transmission I could beat Samsonas tomorrow, and all Samsonas "rally fans" would be mighty impressed.

When Samsonas beats an R5 on equal turf I'm impressed. Until then I think he is complaining too much.

Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I doubt that Samsonas driving suddenly and magically got faster since last year...

If the details of his post are correct I can guarantee that his BMW makes more power than the R5s. There is no way something more than 100 kgs heavier is that much faster with the same driver without considerable power gain. He is probably running completely without restrictor.

Samsonas took advantage of lax rules and now he risk being held back by the same rules. I don't feel sorry for him.

Any idiot can go fast with lax rules. Turbocharged LS engines makes crazy power from a very condensed package so if I were to drop one into a Subaru with a strong enough transmission I could beat Samsonas tomorrow, and all Samsonas "rally fans" would be mighty impressed.

When Samsonas beats an R5 on equal turf I'm impressed. Until then I think he is complaining too much.
    I'm not an expert, but N/A engines doesn't need restrictor according rally rules, and his BMW engine is N/A. According national rules engine must be made in same factory as a car (e.g. BMW with BMW engine, Subaru with Subaru, etc.) and must be up to 3500 ccm (turbo*1.7), so M3 engine fits these rules. Yes it has more power than R5 - BMW E46 M3 S54 B35 414Hp 429Nm. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...04552026438796

It's hard to tell if he's faster than last year as a drives, 2015 he won 1 rally, and retired 2 times as leader, 2014 was 3rd overall with 2wd BMW E30 M3, in 2013 was 2nd overall in Lancer EVO IX. ANd in Rally Žemaitija 2016 his braking points was much more closer to Tidemand, and Rovanpera jr. than everybody else with R5, WRC (Old generation), and proto cars.
    He was untouchible in autocross, he is fast in rally stage, and now when he made quick car, and combine it with his skills, suddenly everybody start attach him for being faster than everybody else.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    That is the fact wich hurts most the owners of R5.....and also manufactures.