Page 790 of 900 FirstFirst ... 290690740780788789790791792800840890 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,900 of 9000
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga View Post
    "Gr.N"... cars that probably cost almost as much to build as a R5... and can only race in Spain.
    Wow, seriously question: do you have any proof for this claim? Because if somebody invests app.200.000 € in evoX...is crazy....no sense.

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Wow, seriously question: do you have any proof for this claim? Because if somebody invests app.200.000 € in evoX...is crazy....no sense.
    I don't have papers confirming it. But back in 2014 I did a Regional rally in Vouzela, and RMC was there with a Porsche and a R4+ Mitsubishi EvoX. Roberto Mendez (the boss) was driving the car that was used by Pernia that year in Spain. This car:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qGSmKkj1l2g/maxresdefault.jpg

Anyway, since I'm a good friend with the driver of the Porsche, I was invited into the RMC tent, and not only could I see the EvoX in detail and talk a bit with Roberto. He told me that the car was close in performance with a WRC car from early 2000, and that it costed a lot to build. Because this cars are not just a regular R4 car, with a sequencial gearbox and a bigger restritor. They have some changes in the engine too, to fit the more hp, and on the suspension, that it's much more race built than a N car suspension. Bigger brakes... and on top of that... a lot of carbon fiber to reduce the weight. Apart from the roof, and the basic structure of the car (A and C pilar) everything else was carbon fibre. Doors, hood, back hood, bodypanels, you name it. He told me that building something like that, would cost more 60/70k more than a Gr.N EvoX. And as far as I know, a new Evo X Gr.N well put could reach 110k/120k easily. So, 120+70 would give the car a price of 190k (in excess). And it's only for Spain.

Sorry for the long post

3. Likes: Mirek (5th June 2016),pantealex (6th June 2016),TWRC (5th June 2016)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    Why Kuipers was excluded?
    He was pushed back to service by another competitor after some technical problem (I think it was fuel related)

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga View Post
    I don't have papers confirming it. But back in 2014 I did a Regional rally in Vouzela, and RMC was there with a Porsche and a R4+ Mitsubishi EvoX. Roberto Mendez (the boss) was driving the car that was used by Pernia that year in Spain. This car:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qGSmKkj1l2g/maxresdefault.jpg

Anyway, since I'm a good friend with the driver of the Porsche, I was invited into the RMC tent, and not only could I see the EvoX in detail and talk a bit with Roberto. He told me that the car was close in performance with a WRC car from early 2000, and that it costed a lot to build. Because this cars are not just a regular R4 car, with a sequencial gearbox and a bigger restritor. They have some changes in the engine too, to fit the more hp, and on the suspension, that it's much more race built than a N car suspension. Bigger brakes... and on top of that... a lot of carbon fiber to reduce the weight. Apart from the roof, and the basic structure of the car (A and C pilar) everything else was carbon fibre. Doors, hood, back hood, bodypanels, you name it. He told me that building something like that, would cost more 60/70k more than a Gr.N EvoX. And as far as I know, a new Evo X Gr.N well put could reach 110k/120k easily. So, 120+70 would give the car a price of 190k (in excess). And it's only for Spain.

Sorry for the long post
    Thanks budy, no problem for long explanation. I always like conversation based on true facts and not just BS rumors.
    So, now I can say-building so expensive car just for national championship is without any sense.
    But Garcia is not responsible for this mess, he is a driver, so he still has to bring the car until the finish...the car drives not alone...

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    But Garcia is not responsible for this mess, he is a driver, so he still has to bring the car until the finish...the car drives not alone...
    He is a very good driver. Because even if the competition it's not that strong this year, for a long time that nobody would see a R4+ winning so much.

As for the car, the RFEDA is doing the same again, with the N5+ cars. But some people still defend the concept.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Nothing wrong with the concept, except it makes difficult the R5 market there, just like GT class while was unrestricted. But I personally like such variety.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Proper onboard with Van Loon (S14 WRC):
    https://youtu.be/31bN_qrS7hU

And 360 degrees onboard
    https://youtu.be/RtucZcgQYrk

Also Van Eldik (Fabia R5)
    https://youtu.be/Gqrzw3iBASQ

And Ten Brinke (Fabia R5)
    https://youtu.be/Y-OXHbIOCH4
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Nothing wrong with the concept, except it makes difficult the R5 market there, just like GT class while was unrestricted. But I personally like such variety.
    The problem is that by not using international rules You complicate a lot Your own drivers their way into international competition. One of the targets for any ASN shall be to support their drivers on the international field but such rules do exactly opposite.
    Last edited by Mirek; 5th June 2016 at 22:56.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: pantealex (6th June 2016)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The problem is that by not using international rules You complicate a lot Your own drivers their way into international competition. One of the targets for any ASN shall be to support their drivers on the international field but such rules do exactly opposite.
    Honestly Mirek, how many drivers in each country go abroad rallying? 1%, 2%? Those who really have the intention to rally abroad can always pick R5's or other FIA's homologated cars, as they're also allowed in every national championship.

ASN's main purpose is to provide local drivers and teams a wider range of competitive cars to choose. Without N+ rules Mitsubishi Spain wouldn’t be entering Spanish championship and RFEA interest to allow N5/MR is to give those importers without international specs rally cars a way to get into the championship, alongside those (very few) that actually have R5 cars.

In the process, local tuners do their business and local drivers get the chance to buy and run less expensive cars. Clearly it's a win-win situation for all.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    It's different to allow locally homologated cars and to create a completely new top class. I don't have any problem with allowing local cars what I don't like is if those cars are reasonably faster than anything allowed under international rules which logically leads to the situation when the championship separates itself from the outer world. Maybe You think that isolation is a good thing but I don't agree with that.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: dupanton (6th June 2016)