Page 762 of 900 FirstFirst ... 262662712752760761762763764772812862 ... LastLast
Results 7,611 to 7,620 of 9000
    Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    An interview with Baumschlager about the new rules in ÖRM. My German is not very good but I can see a lot of bitterness in his words and it feels like a kind of resignation.
    http://www.rallye-magazin.de/oem/nac...hahn-gefunden/
    I won't call it resignation at all. For sure it is very interesting that those guys who wanted to save money on a lot of details in 2015 Championship now have the money for wrcs. But ok, it is good for the show and Baumschlager is very motivated as he can only be the winner of this new regulations. I'm convinced that he will still be on top in 2016, despite of his rivals in WRCs. I doubt that he was ever on the real limit in the last years in Austrian champ. As he said in the interview: maybe its time to get for the first time an insurance for his car and tighten the seatbelts

2. Likes: Mirek (28th October 2015)
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Of course he will be on Top. Don´t forget at Jänner he regularly drove on the Podium against European rivals, except in 2012 or 2013, where he was beaten by Harrach in fight for 3rd place.

Neubauer and Grössing are not on Baumschlagers level. Harrach was, but he had to stop active rallying because of budget issues. Some other younger drivers could have been, but most of them dissapeared because of financial issues.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    An interview with Baumschlager about the new rules in ÖRM. My German is not very good but I can see a lot of bitterness in his words and it feels like a kind of resignation.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/oem/nac...hahn-gefunden/
    any summary from German speaking mates? Tried to translate via google but not so good translate.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/oem/nac...im-wunderland/

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    I have heard that all the rules in ORM are made for Baumschlanger. I don't know if it's true or not. Is it? That's why Neubauer stopped driving in ORM.
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    That's of course nonsense

Dimviii: He says something along this (if I remember it, no time to read it again now): Everybody was crying that it's too expensive so we cut stage distance, limit tyres etc. and now they come with a request for WRC. Maybe they found a treasure... I can not afford and I don't want a WRC car... Normally it's impossible to compete with WRC cars. I was able to be 0,5 sec/km faster than them but as WRC events show the WRC car itself is around 2 sec/km faster than R5... I'm about to speak with Škoda Austria about the future but if they support me it must be clearly stated that the title may be an impossible target...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: dimviii (30th October 2015)
    Liked 560 Times in 243 Posts
    Also, when they (Neubauer & Grössing) were in front of Mundl (didn't occur on many occasions, but sometimes did), they either crashed out or made a mistake that dropped them behind him. What ÖRM desperately needs is a driver capable of beating Baumschlager regularly, without that, he's just clearly cruising. It was great when he had his battles against Harrach, both were pushing hard and driving spectaculary. Even back then Grössing in Beppo's sister car was miles away from them... But OK, let's see if this new rules package brings anything to the table. But one swallow doesn't make a summer.

9. Likes: dimviii (30th October 2015)
    Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Last round of the danish rallies championship this week-end

Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts
    And here will be results of Rally Denmark:

http://rallyresult.dk/results.aspx?eventid=415
    Once it pop´s, you can´t stop...

Quote Originally Posted by tolis View Post
    I have heard that all the rules in ORM are made for Baumschlanger. I don't know if it's true or not. Is it? That's why Neubauer stopped driving in ORM.
    Completely bullsh...

That's of course nonsense

Dimviii: He says something along this (if I remember it, no time to read it again now): Everybody was crying that it's too expensive so we cut stage distance, limit tyres etc. and now they come with a request for WRC. Maybe they found a treasure... I can not afford and I don't want a WRC car... Normally it's impossible to compete with WRC cars. I was able to be 0,5 sec/km faster than them but as WRC events show the WRC car itself is around 2 sec/km faster than R5... I'm about to speak with Škoda Austria about the future but if they support me it must be clearly stated that the title may be an impossible target...
    Not fully correct in all points, short summary:

He said that normally with a top guy in each car the difference can be up to 2s / km between R5 and WRC. As he was about 0.5-06s/km in front of his opponents, they should have about 1.5s/km spare to loose in the Corners

He still has to negotiate his 2016 Programme with Skoda and his sponsors on November 9th. But if they want to continue (what i think is certain) than he will take the fight. He has the advantage that he has nothing to loose. He has nothing to prove anymore. On the other side he knows that he is ambitious and it may happen that he will use an insurance the first time for his car and tightens the seat belts even closer.

At the end he made some funny quote: Being asked what will happen if he gains another title in Austria, he stated maybe his rivals wants him to cut off a Hand

14. Likes: dimviii (30th October 2015),Mirek (1st November 2015)