Page 852 of 853 FirstFirst ... 352752802842850851852853 LastLast
Results 8,511 to 8,520 of 8521
  1. #8511
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    277
    Like
    108
    Liked 78 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Adler, I respect your opinion, but come on... how difficult is it to defeat a 60-year old Baumschlager? And let's not forget that Mundl wasn't drivng VW Polo WRC in all rounds...
    well, it´s hard enough for all the others, still we talk about national championship, i know austrian championship is not the strongest and Neubauer for sure is not a world class driver, but for me he made good rogress in the last 2 seasons and is the fastest driver in Austria at the moment. Edit: besides Andreas Aigner.

    I have deep respect for Baumschlagers efforts though.

  2. Likes: Jarek Z (13th November 2017),WRC1 (13th November 2017)
  3. #8512
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,413
    Like
    2
    Liked 350 Times in 209 Posts
    Jarek, Mundl won the championship. True. Congratulations.
    But, for me the real hero is still Neubauer. Neubauer was competing with ''museum'' technology against last year's world champion car!!
    And Mundl did not convincingly won the championship, but barely.....
    At the end I was also pleasantly surprised over Mayer-Melnhof pace, as he was on few ocasions even faster than Mundl or Neubauer......he is showing progress.

  4. Likes: Adler (13th November 2017),dimviii (13th November 2017),electroliquid (13th November 2017),WRC1 (13th November 2017),WUff1 (14th November 2017)
  5. #8513
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    240
    Like
    434
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Jarek, Mundl won the championship. True. Congratulations.
    But, for me the real hero is still Neubauer. Neubauer was competing with ''museum'' technology against last year's world champion car!!
    And Mundl did not convincingly won the championship, but barely.....
    At the end I was also pleasantly surprised over Mayer-Melnhof pace, as he was on few ocasions even faster than Mundl or Neubauer......he is showing progress.
    That's true, but Mundl himself isn't "latest spec" driver, Neubauer is good, but Mundl is something extraordinary, by having very good pace at his age, and also still have desire to compete.

  6. Likes: Adler (13th November 2017),tc10a (13th November 2017),WRC1 (13th November 2017)
  7. #8514
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,126
    Like
    1,413
    Liked 91 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Eery winner deserves congratulations, even if he lacks talent, so I congratulate him.
    NO Jarek! your comment was disrespectfull, if you rate Hermann Neubauer as an untalented driver, especially after this season than you are still diqualified with this opinion...nothing changed!
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

  8. Likes: Adler (13th November 2017),electroliquid (14th November 2017),Mirek (14th November 2017),WUff1 (14th November 2017)
  9. #8515
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    148
    Like
    51
    Liked 136 Times in 66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    NO Jarek! your comment was disrespectfull, if you rate Hermann Neubauer as an untalented driver, especially after this season than you are still diqualified with this opinion...nothing changed!
    I don't think this is disrespectful. If someone lacks talent this doesn't mean that he is untalented...

  10. #8516
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    240
    Like
    434
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    If someone lacks talent this doesn't mean that he is untalented...
    It exactly means that, while Neubauer obviously IS talented, and this year ALMOST did impossible, and was so close to living legend; maybe he isn't World class driver, but c'mon - only own WRC car isn't enough to drive fast, it need talent, and Neubauer was fast all season long.

  11. Likes: Adler (14th November 2017),WRC1 (14th November 2017)
  12. #8517
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    148
    Like
    51
    Liked 136 Times in 66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    It exactly means that, while Neubauer obviously IS talented, and this year ALMOST did impossible, and was so close to living legend; maybe he isn't World class driver, but c'mon - only own WRC car isn't enough to drive fast, it need talent, and Neubauer was fast all season long.
    I have to disagree here. Just an example: When you say Dani Sordo lacks talent compared to Sébastien Ogier that doesn't mean that Sordo is untalented. He is just not as talented as Ogier. Is that really disrespectful? I don't think so...

  13. Likes: electroliquid (15th November 2017)
  14. #8518
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    240
    Like
    434
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    I have to disagree here. Just an example: When you say Dani Sordo lacks talent compared to Sébastien Ogier that doesn't mean that Sordo is untalented. He is just not as talented as Ogier. Is that really disrespectful? I don't think so...
    You have the point, it's more about wordplay in this case, so maybe there is native English speaking guys, who could sort this out?

  15. Likes: JUF (15th November 2017),pantealex (15th November 2017)
  16. #8519
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    148
    Like
    51
    Liked 136 Times in 66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    it's more about wordplay in this case, so maybe there is native English speaking guys, who could sort this out?
    You´re right. I´m no native speaker, but the question which occurs here is if "lack" means "missing" (this would mean no talent at all) or just "less than others" (the example of Ogier and Sordo).

    But back to topic: Hermann Neubauer is probably not the next World Champion, but the has achieved a lot against Mundl Baumschlager. That´s for sure.

  17. Likes: electroliquid (15th November 2017),WRC1 (15th November 2017)
  18. #8520
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Windischgarsten
    Posts
    930
    Like
    17
    Liked 381 Times in 141 Posts
    The final stage of Rally Waldviertel 2017 onboard - Baumschlager / Winklhofer VW Polo R WRC - full throttle and lots of emotions at the end:
    https://vimeo.com/242925623


  19. Likes: Adler (18th November 2017),evoIX (18th November 2017),focus206 (18th November 2017),tc10a (18th November 2017),WRC1 (18th November 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •