Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    It's not a stereotype if it's true. Opentop cars are aimed for and bought by women. Porsche Boxters are considered Chick cars where I come from. If a man was seen driving it, he would not be considered gay, but rather someone in a midlife crisis that can't afford a real Porsche (=911).

Of course, he shouldn't care for one second what other people think. Certainly not what some internet warriors say.

What I do wonder is why people always want "good handling" cars. What are you going to do with it that it needs better handling then a normal car? If you're not racing it you'll hardly feel the difference.
    High comedy?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Would you honestly rather not have a better handling car?
    Maybe he prefers a pickup truck or an SUV. You know, something that manly men drive. Maybe he's got an H3 Hummer!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Maybe he prefers a pickup truck or an SUV. You know, something that manly men drive. Maybe he's got an H3 Hummer!

Lately it seems all I see in Mercedes are gays and old women...even the gay and old women are turning their noses up on Beemers

the 911 seems to have become something of a family car, with mom and pop in front, and the kids stuffed in the back

and the housewives are driving the Hummers around like they used to drive the mid-siz SUV

and the cute chicks are all in pick up trucks and real tight pants

Bottom line:
    A real man drives an old beat up F250, diesel 4x4........or a motorcycle.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac...

Buy the Boxster, Tannat... and drive it like you stole it every chance you get.

Enjoy life. It's later than you think.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lot of interesting input on the Boxster, as well as other connections with gender role identity and what you drive..

Given some thought I guess I am guilty of it to some degree-don't think I could ever let myself drive the VW New Beetle....
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    Lot of interesting input on the Boxster, as well as other connections with gender role identity and what you drive..

Given some thought I guess I am guilty of it to some degree-don't think I could ever let myself drive the VW New Beetle....
    Tannat, if you really wan't the Boxster, just get it and enjoy it! Some people (myself included here) may think you are gay, but at least you will be enjoying yourself.

I love Scoobies like there's no tomorrow, hot Impreza's to be precise, and just because I drive them people think I'm a crazy arsed nutter who doesn't give a sh!t about anyone else on the road. But on the contrary, I am your average Joe who just loves arriving at his destination with an ear bleed compliments of a WRX burble!

Get it tannat, and %&$# what the world has to say about it (me included). Just don't get a pink one
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.