Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    In the US it is considered a Total Chick Car.
    I misunderstood you, avop....

Not sure where this vibe comes from, but I don't think of it as chick car, nor have I heard this sentiment amongst any in car circles.

If you have any tidbits on the web (discussions etc) pointing this direction please share a link or two...
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I know this goes against your rules, but what about a Cayman?

That little car is a total sleeper. Porsche stupidly crippled this car's power in order to keep the Cayman from cannibalizing sales from the 911. In terms of handling, it's even better than it's big brother when it comes to the corners. Also, I know you don't care, but the Cayman is not a chick car.

Yes-would love a Cayman, but it is the $ issue that makes a used Boxster attaractive (easily had for less than 10k US)
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    tannat, you can't go wrong with a Boxster, if it is for your wife. As like all Porsches they are pretty much bulleproof, but they are for chicks only dude. I don't care what anyone says, men look plain old gay in them (pretty much 90% of open top cars).

Save a little longer and get a Cayman or Cayman S instead. Handles beautifully and with a little bit of fettling under the bonnet you can make here as quick as a 911.

Or you can look at other brands.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I had a Boxter I would not care about looking gay at all, to be honest.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donney
    If I had a Boxter I would not care about looking gay at all, to be honest.
    No worries, Donney. I'm not deterred in the least...

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    No worries, Donney. I'm not deterred in the least...
    You shouldn't be. Other than an episode of Two and a Half Men, I've never heard the Boxster described as a "chick car" either. From what I know of them, Boxsters are solid performers, though relatively expensive to maintain and service.

When I helped a friend of mine buy a BMW M3 a few years ago, she said she wouldn't buy a Jag because it's a car for female real estate agents. I told her that BMW's are meant for insecure people (men or women) with penis envy. So the Boxster is a chick car. And Corvettes are meant for middle aged men wearing gold chains, on the prowl for stripper girlfriends. Lambos are for nouveau riche poseurs. Ferraris are for social climbers who feel the need to be flashy. Etc., etc., etc.

Every marque has a goofy stereotype attached to it, created by someone... either out of fun or jealousy.

If I was in the market for a sports car, I'd certainly consider a Boxster. But knowing how expensive a lemon could be to fix, I'd probably make good use of CarFax and a dealer I could trust to check it out thoroughly. Good luck!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Every marque has a goofy stereotype attached to it, created by someone... either out of fun or jealousy.
    It's not a stereotype if it's true. Opentop cars are aimed for and bought by women. Porsche Boxters are considered Chick cars where I come from. If a man was seen driving it, he would not be considered gay, but rather someone in a midlife crisis that can't afford a real Porsche (=911).

Of course, he shouldn't care for one second what other people think. Certainly not what some internet warriors say.

What I do wonder is why people always want "good handling" cars. What are you going to do with it that it needs better handling then a normal car? If you're not racing it you'll hardly feel the difference.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    What I do wonder is why people always want "good handling" cars. What are you going to do with it that it needs better handling then a normal car? If you're not racing it you'll hardly feel the difference.
    Would you honestly rather not have a better handling car?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Would you honestly rather not have a better handling car?
    I'd never buy a soft top for this reason (besides the fact I live in Scotland ), but the extra chassis rigidity a hard top provides makes it far more desirable for someone like me. No, I wouldn't race it but Id always buy the best handling option available to give me that extra confidence when having fun exploring its limits.

I do admire your complete disregard of being labelled a homo Tannat, the Boxster is undoubtedly a good car and if you are obviously as comfortable enough with your sexuality to laugh in the face of the shallow detractors driving something that YOU like then fair play to you sir, Im sure it will serve you well.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hairdressers drive MX5s not Boxsters.