Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hot Hatchbacks

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    There isn't an ST or an RS for the latest Fiesta yet and it depends on whether or not the Stop Having Fun Guys of the Euro V emissions group have their way as to if they exist at all.
    As it is, the Civic Type-R was killed off because of them.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Do you mean the Zetec S? As the Zetec is a bog standard trim level with nothing particularly notable about it. Even then I wouldn't really call the Zetec S a hot hatch, luke warm at best! It's really just an excuse for boy racers to have flared wheel arches and bumpers etc with the same engines that are available in lesser trim levels. e.g. The 1.6TDCi engine I have in my Titanium model is the same one as in the Zetec S, which I doubt goes any faster!
    http://www.mountuneperformance.co.uk...=141&Itemid=58

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Nice, is there a diesel version?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Mine was. I had a 130bhp on board by the end. Oh ho ho you might scoff but when you bear in mind that the original only had 60, and the current Zetec Fiesta only has 115, then it starts to look like something special.
    130 is pretty nice for a KA. I'm sure it moved pretty rapidly when necessary.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    I was referring to cars such as Seat Ibiza FR which will make you deaf if you drive it on a motorway, has a suspension like a stone and isn't really that safe cause most vehicles are much heavier than it.
    I had one for 4 years and did 75k miles in it and I still have my hearing. Sorry, what was that?? Motorway cruising is fine, but the ride is a bit hard when it's not on a smooth road. This can be cured by fiddling with the suspension though, but I'm not a modifier, so never did that. A perfectly safe car. I know a few people from the Seat forum who had big crashes and walked away to tell the story. And most of them bought another one as a result.
    You lot still here?!