Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surely...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    for all we know Button could still win it :
    ''If your in control, your not going fast enough''

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Money should be on Alonso or Webber, but with the way this season has gone, I wouldn't even write off even Button for the WDC chase yet!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefe Máximo
    ...it's between Webber and Alonso now?

it's not impossible that Vettel or Hamilton wins it, but with two races to go it'll take retirements/poor performances from the top 2 to really give the others a chance.

Stranger things have happened though, eh.
    You have old, already used engines combined with a number of drivers that can be ruthless while passing and ruthless while blocking. Some of these drivers just drive right off the track from time to time.

Simply put, the next two races will have those that must pass going against those that cannot afford to be passed and that will make for some real iffy moves. If you are in the "have to pass" group, you have nothing to lose by going for it.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    You have old, already used engines combined with a number of drivers that can be ruthless while passing and ruthless while blocking. Some of these drivers just drive right off the track from time to time.

Simply put, the next two races will have those that must pass going against those that cannot afford to be passed and that will make for some real iffy moves. If you are in the "have to pass" group, you have nothing to lose by going for it.
    Has Button got the killer mentality to be that aggressive? He did it last year at Brazil to win the title but will he be as fired up to keep his faint (read non-existent) championship hopes alive.

I can see a coming together between say Vettel and Alonso though.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Has Button got the killer mentality to be that aggressive? He did it last year at Brazil to win the title but will he be as fired up to keep his faint (read non-existent) championship hopes alive.
    I can well forsee Jenson treating Brazil as a "sh*t or bust" race, if you'll excuse the expression. Might as well fling it off the track trying...

I can see a coming together between say Vettel and Alonso though.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    It only takes a clumsy overtake by Mark and it could blow the WDC wide open.
    I like this....Webber takes out Alonso and limps home taking 4th. Vettel takes the win with Hamilton second. We now have those four drivers within four points of eachother, with one race to go.

Winner takes all in a one race showdown...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'd like to see Lewis do to Alonso what Alonso did to Lewis at Interlagos in '07, and I'd like it to be that just such a move sees Lewis take the title, by one point.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    for alonso to win he needs to finish ahead of redbull

for mark to win he needs a win and alonso to finish 4th and beat him in the last race or 2 wins and alonso to finish 3 in each race

for lewis he needs to win both raceas alonso 4th in each race and mark 3rd

for vettel he needs to win both raceas alonso 4th in 1 race and 5th in the other and mark 4rd

for button he needs to win both races and the other 4 driver to DNF
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I'd like to see Lewis do to Alonso what Alonso did to Lewis at Interlagos in '07, and I'd like it to be that just such a move sees Lewis take the title, by one point.
    Ah yes, that was when Alonso made Lewis push the wrong buttons on his steering wheel
    Oh, it was also when Ferrari team orders made Massa (poor poor squiggy, in his home race too! What heartless souls ) give up his place at the last pit stops to give Kimi the title, by one point ahead of Lewis and Alonso.
    What was it Alonso did again?
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    Ah yes, that was when Alonso made Lewis push the wrong buttons on his steering wheel
    Oh, it was also when Ferrari team orders made Massa (poor poor squiggy, in his home race too! What heartless souls ) give up his place at the last pit stops to give Kimi the title, by one point ahead of Lewis and Alonso.
    What was it Alonso did again?
    You need to pay more attention at the back there DJ....

Fred drove Lewis off the track as Lewis was passing on the outside of turn 3 on the first lap.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.