Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BTCC: a feeder series?

I've been thinking of this for a while now, but do fans consider the BTCC a feeder series?

I don't, the reason being, is that the WTCC is such a poor championship at the moment, you would not think it is one the FIA's most prestigious championships.

The BTCC in my opinion is the most well known touring car championship in the world, its circuits are great, good grid and a good atmosphere.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think all championships are feeder championships because everyone gives you the skills and lessons to race in other championships its a never ending thing

i think the BTCC is a solid championship in its own right. Alot of drivers want to be apart of the BTCC but it does give drivers the skills to do other things in there careers.
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    I think the BTCC is a very prestigious championship in it's own right, like all major national touring car championships are. We can see this by variety of cars, big fan support etc.

However, the BTCC can theoretically act as a feeder series and has before. Priaulx, Thompson and Yvan Muller are recent examples of drivers getting good international drives having done well in the BTCC.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    As long as there is a world series for a type of racing then any national version is kind of a feeder series but the BTCC has such great racing and history that it just about rises above that tag IMO.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    I think the BTCC is a very prestigious championship in it's own right, like all major national touring car championships are. We can see this by variety of cars, big fan support etc.

However, the BTCC can theoretically act as a feeder series and has before. Priaulx, Thompson and Yvan Muller are recent examples of drivers getting good international drives having done well in the BTCC.
    Its also worth noting that at the moment 5 of the top 6 drivers in the WTCC standings all began their touring car trade on these shores.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    The BTCC has almost exclusively British drivers, teams and tracks. Racing can be good, but it lacks the prestige it had in the 1990s with several works teams and top drivers from other European countries.
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    Its also worth noting that at the moment 5 of the top 6 drivers in the WTCC standings all began their touring car trade on these shores.
    I can only count 3 out of 6!

Priaulx, Huff and Menu!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDS
    I can only count 3 out of 6!

Priaulx, Huff and Menu!
    well Tarquini made his name here as a touring car driver
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yvan Mullers career as a touring car driver was boosted by his championship victory in the BTCC
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know he wasn't in the WTCC this year, but Rickard Rydell got noticed in the BTCC
    Whats a uni?