Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobayashi

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Kobayashi

Hum, he's doing good things these days it seems.

He's starting to remind me of JPM's a little.

Does he have a contract for next year?

Such a shame, we have so many drivers who are all so highly ranked, all capable of winning that this guy will probably continue in the midfield.

We've all seen it, guys like Webber and Bunsen never having a "chance" and then at the end of their career they make headlines or even Nick who just fade away into obscurity without ever really having a grand chance, while the like of Kimi and Lewis and Vettel come in early to more powerful teams and shine straight away.

I hope this does not happen to him. If not next year, the year after if he gets a competitive drive he could do well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I liked what you said, especially the comparison to JPM.

I've noticed he keeps getting beaten in qualifying by his teammate.
    If he ups his game in qualifying, then he'll kick ass next year.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He certainly has done enough now to prove that he isn't a fluke. There have been too many races where he showed some genuinely good stuff.

We know he'll be at Sauber in 2011. For 2012, some interesting cockpits may open up, I am thinking RedBull, Ferrari and even Mercedes might take a second look at this youngster, especially if he matures further and has more of these races in 2011?

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    if only he had been a williams and not Kazuki Nakajima who knows how many points he would have got ?
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Like many a youngster he still makes too many mistakes, but then so does Vettel and at times Hamilton. He will mature.
    I think he has huge potential and either he or Sauber are prepared to gamble on strategy. He has proven it is possible to pass if you are hungry enough.
    Most of the drivers at the top are too concerned about points to take risks or force the issue.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    There are a lot of drivers out there. But this guy is a RACER! And these days, that's becoming (sadly) too rare. And yes, he does remind one of Juan Pablo. I'd like to see him continue on and get better. But if Slimmy's Mexican ride buyers get the Sauber seats in the next year or two, I hope that Kamui finds a better home somewhere else.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    There are a lot of drivers out there. But this guy is a RACER! And these days, that's becoming (sadly) too rare. And yes, he does remind one of Juan Pablo. I'd like to see him continue on and get better. But if Slimmy's Mexican ride buyers get the Sauber seats in the next year or two, I hope that Kamui finds a better home somewhere else.
    I agree
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    He has proven it is possible to pass if you are hungry enough.
    Most of the drivers at the top are too concerned about points to take risks or force the issue.
    ^^^^^^ this

He drives like he's playing a computer game - if there's a braking zone it's a possible overtaking spot.

I hope that he matures into a rounded individual; good qualifying pace, nice technical feedback etc. But without loosing his rawness that allows him the self belief to go for these moves.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/col...-just-yet.html

Kamui is still raw but he is already the best Japanese driver we have seen in F1.
    His race craft is improving while his overtaking on Sunday was phenomenal; aggressive, controlled, very impressive. Can he make it to the very top and mix it with the Lewis Hamiltons and Sebastian Vettels of this world? It’s too early to say.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Would love to see him in a Renault or Mercedes GP, maybe Force India