Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    I'm like Paddy, only it was football, WRC and watching real rallying that was my downfall. I might be able to get a race in this evening if an extension is available.
    Sure-only 4 entries thus far..

Thanks, JY
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    F12010 has occupied my gaming this weekend and, I planned to race today, but a throbbing headache had me out of action. I'll do them tomorrow afternoon/evening if you can award an extension.
    Can do, Paddy. I want you there
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I've finished my races and sent my times. As previously stated, I was never going to be too comfortable coming to Croft, never mind with a really bad winter dose!

Quali for race 1 went quite well, actually. I started on pole but the first corner here is probably the most nerve-wrecking in the game. I made an error here and then never quite managed to put in laps akin to my quali attempt due to racing the pack.

Race 2 was OK, relatively speaking. Quali was bad, I made so many mistakes [lethargy setting in]. However, this could have been a blessing in disguise. I was last on the grid and, although slow on the approach to the god-forsaken first turn, I avoided all the usual carnage and put in a string of clean laps. However, because I was moving up through the field all race long, any chance of setting a decent fast time went out the window. I think I may have spun somewhere as well. Anyway, a finish is as good as anything at a track like this - just a shame that I had the Renault this time out.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Really sorry but this game was frustrating me so much tonight that I had to stop before my telly got a PS3 controller thrown at it. I knew that things were off to a bad start when I started trying to win the standard race to unlock expert. For some reason I could accelerate out of corners quicker than the CPU cars and had a much better top end but the car virtually died in mid-range and I'd get overtaken on straights. This meant that I overegged the corners and kept crashing. Even when I could get round a lap without spinning then I was still slow, a fairly tidy fast lap couldn't even net me pole on one attempt.

Apologies to Tannat for not even helping to make up the numbers, it's been a good little championship but I just lack the time that the game requires (or does for me anyway). When I eventually sit down to play on the computer I usually just want to pick up something that I can play for 15 minutes and then leave, like FIFA or COD.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Apologies to Tannat for not even helping to make up the numbers, it's been a good little championship but I just lack the time that the game requires (or does for me anyway). When I eventually sit down to play on the computer I usually just want to pick up something that I can play for 15 minutes and then leave, like FIFA or COD.
    No worries, JY...

At the very least you are picking up the game again

Thnaks for your efforts,

Tannat

For some reason I could accelerate out of corners quicker than the CPU cars and had a much better top end but the car virtually died in mid-range and I'd get overtaken on straights. This meant that I overegged the corners
    I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Makes no sense at all and is very frustrating, particularly as the AI are ridiculously slow through some sections [even on Expert].

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Makes no sense at all and is very frustrating, particularly as the AI are ridiculously slow through some sections [even on Expert].
    I also have this problem, althought I find the main problem is the start; I'm simply destroyed on the straights, its impossible to get to the first corner without being overtook.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Waiting on times from JT fan..

Quote Originally Posted by IronRooster92
    I also have this problem, althought I find the main problem is the start; I'm simply destroyed on the straights, its impossible to get to the first corner without being overtook.
    It's like that at every circuit though, isn't it? No matter how you change your starting method, you always seem to have more drag off the line. And those AI cars don't hold back into turn 1. If I get through turn 1, I'm usually satisfied enough, regardless of my pace at any given circuit.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have submitted my times tannat in a pm. Im really hoping to keep my championship hopes alive