Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TOCA2 Round 7 Croft

A no frills thread starter. A bit busy at the moment...

Track: Croft

Car assignments

JanYeo-Vauxhall
    #1JTFan-Volvo
    AlfaFan-Audi
    IronRooster-Ford
    Tannat-Honda
    JonBrown-Peugeot
    Paddy-Renault

RACE1
    Weather: Cloudy
    Number of laps:3
    Qualify: Yes
    Difficulty: Expert

RACE2
    Weather: Sunny
    Number of laps:5
    Qualify: Yes
    Difficulty: Expert

Please send qualifying time, fastest lap and total race time for each race by 12 pm midnight Hawaii time on October 17 by PM to tannat or [email:1bjoc0uy]james.knowles@stjude.org[/email:1bjoc0uy].

Good luck!
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Championship Standings

Driver's Championship

1-JonBrown-------------103 (6 wins)
    2-#1JTFan--------------100 (5 wins)
    3-Tannat-----------------82 (1 win)
    4-Alfa Fan---------------38
    5-Paddy52------------ --36
    5-IronRooster-----------36
    7-Mr Jan Yeo-----------23

Manufacturer's Championship

1-Nissan---------------62
    2-Vauxhall-------------57
    3-Ford------------------55
    4-Volvo----------------51
    5-Renault--------------49
    6-Honda---------------47
    6-Audi-----------------47
    8-Peugeot-------------34
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Croft, this could be classed as my home round, as I don't live far from the circuit.

I must admit though, I don't think I will post decent times, as every practice race I've done at Croft results in carnage at the first turn, I'm either shoved off, or I have to slow right down to avoid any cars been spun out in front of me.

better than nothing happening at all I guess...
    Whats a uni?

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Of the many great tracks in the BTCC, this is one which flows the least, in my opinion. The Renault should be an advantage but this track isn't one I know too well. However, 4th place in the driver's standings is mine for the taking
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    Of the many great tracks in the BTCC, this is one which flows the least, in my opinion. The Renault should be an advantage but this track isn't one I know too well. However, 4th place in the driver's standings is mine for the taking

I am no fan of Croft. Wish I had the Pug this round...

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I used to be amazing at Croft, purely because I could remember how the weather would play out in each race so could be on the right tyres. Not sure how well I'll do, never been a great fan of the Vauxhall
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just finished my races. heres my report,

race 1

qualifying for race 1 was not bad, I played it safe at times, perhaps I could of gone faster, but the setups i tried, i found the car too twitchy through the corners. I qualified 7th.

the race: as with my pratice runs, my race was really over at the first corner. There were 4 cars trying to squeeze through, and a Vauxhall shoved me off the track. I finished in 16th.

Race 2

Qualifying was better this time round in terms of the car feeling. I actually finished worse than last time, coming in 12th, but It gave me more confidence for the race.

the race was much better than the previous one, again, the first turn was crowded, but this time, instead of going off, I got through OK. I knocked a Vauxhall off at the first turn getting payback for race 1 , but the race itself was not bad, I had lost too much time slowing down to avoid any carnage at the first corner, so the top half got away, so I really had to settle for 12th.

all in all, not bad.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    F12010 has occupied my gaming this weekend and, I planned to race today, but a throbbing headache had me out of action. I'll do them tomorrow afternoon/evening if you can award an extension.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    That 406 is one slow car! Especially as I've been used to F1 cars for the past few weeks. I'm not expecting great things from this round.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I'm like Paddy, only it was football, WRC and watching real rallying that was my downfall. I might be able to get a race in this evening if an extension is available.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.