Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts

Season TV-Ratings, Versus 16% up

http://www.sportsmediawatch.net/2010...on-versus.html
    Versus averaged 366,000 viewers for 12 IndyCar races this season, up 16% from 11 races on the network last year (315,000), but down 53% from 11 races on ESPN and ESPN2 in 2008 (778,000).
    Of course, last year the last few races were blocked by DirectTV so of course the viewership for those races improved.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I doubt most sponsors or potential sponsors give a crap how "up" this PR piece says they might be.

The fact is, we didn't hear a peep about Indy Car ratings for the last 2 months of the season. That tells you everything you need to know.

An average of 366,000 per race? Ted Nugent's hunting show and Classic Women's bowling is laughing at that.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Scotty, even if they are THAT low, hearing that they ticked up at the end of the season is a glimmer of hope..

This series has to start somewheres...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    I doubt most sponsors or potential sponsors give a crap how "up" this PR piece says they might be.

The fact is, we didn't hear a peep about Indy Car ratings for the last 2 months of the season. That tells you everything you need to know.

An average of 366,000 per race? Ted Nugent's hunting show and Classic Women's bowling is laughing at that.

1 billion gazillion % X 0 is still zero. JJ does not even track that low, I believe...

AR1 loves to report the NASCAR ratings drop, but their delta is still bigger than the Indycar number!
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    EagleEye, JJ numbers... I was under the impression from reading posts here that you were a tech.

Since the JJ numbers are so low as to be irrelevant, can I fire some questions at you?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The # coming from SMW have been suspect since the first race(s) of the year....

I suspect this one is also
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.

So what are you saying? That IndyCar ratings suck? Oh my god, I didn't know that.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi SarahFan,

Isn't there also a lot of confusion about what the Versus numbers actually represent? I thought there was a notion that they were adding in total views of re-broadcasts and other Indycar air time to bump up this year's calculations.

I don't have facts on that, just questions. The absence of hard numbers surely means there is nothing to boast about, it would seem.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjun Pullr
    Isn't there also a lot of confusion about what the Versus numbers actually represent? I thought there was a notion that they were adding in total views of re-broadcasts and other Indycar air time to bump up this year's calculations.
    That may be why the article discusses viewership and not the actual ratings. I'm really not sure.

BTW, welcome to the board, Enjun.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cheers for that, Jag.

And I agree, the numbers focus is hocus-pocus. EagleEye's view of the actual meaning looks right on target.

By the way, we appear to have similar affinities for road cars. What's the genesis of your screen name?