Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Amon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Chris Amon

Hi everybody,
    at this address you can find an articole about Chris Amon career.
    http://www.connectingrod.it/Glories/Amon/chrisamon_eng.html
    Nice reading

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    And why would we want an article about Chris Amon? We could watch the tape about Bernd Rosemyer, of heaps of great racing drivers if we really wanted to. Not to mention Fangio. Just wondering why anyone would suddenly want to recommend we look at Amon
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what a stupid bonehead reply... fits your sig.

nice read indeed.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electron
    what a stupid bonehead reply... fits your sig.

nice read indeed.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Clearly an Oz chiponshoulder re. kiwis. CA was truly brilliant and truly unlucky. He could match anyone for speed and in cars with modern reliability would have been WC
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Clearly an Oz chiponshoulder re. kiwis. CA was truly brilliant and truly unlucky. He could match anyone for speed and in cars with modern reliability would have been WC
    Missed what I said entirely. Chris was one of my favorites. However, I just wonder what inspired this sudden interest.
    It's not like StD coming up with ann article about Jody Scheckter, who was the greatest driver that ever lived and won in a most emphatic manner his championship at Monza now, is it?

I am just curious.

And just by the way, Bruce McLaren, another Kiwi, was also one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Missed what I said entirely. Chris was one of my favorites. However, I just wonder what inspired this sudden interest.
    It's not like StD coming up with ann article about Jody Scheckter, who was the greatest driver that ever lived and won in a most emphatic manner his championship at Monza now, is it?

I am just curious.

And just by the way, Bruce McLaren, another Kiwi, was also one of my favorites.
    Apologies VB, I suppose St D spends a lot of time thinking of retro threads to 'educate' those of us who weren't there 1st time around. If only Chris had stayed with Bruce at the end of 66 for 67 Can Am rather than joining Ferrari things might have been a whole lot different. Chris in the M7A during 68 could well have gone one step better than Denny H. I think in a DFV engined car he would have got the better of Seppi that year at Brands.
    Sorry I haven't got my irony filter calibrated, you are joking about Scheckter, right?

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Apologies VB, I suppose St D spends a lot of time thinking of retro threads to 'educate' those of us who weren't there 1st time around. If only Chris had stayed with Bruce at the end of 66 for 67 Can Am rather than joining Ferrari things might have been a whole lot different. Chris in the M7A during 68 could well have gone one step better than Denny H. I think in a DFV engined car he would have got the better of Seppi that year at Brands.
    Sorry I haven't got my irony filter calibrated, you are joking about Scheckter, right?
    Who?

Just so

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Frankly I was disappointed in FORZA Amon. I wanted more insight into the failed Amon Engines and other things that were just touched on. More details on the Amon F1 car would have been appreciated too. I guess i'm just not an Eoin Young fan.
    Funky Kingston. \'cause I ain\'t got none. Somebody take it away from me, mon! Oh Yeah! Toots and the Maytals