Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRooster92
    If there's a decent amount of entry's this could be interesting. I will enter to simply enjoy myself, as I'm no where near as good as some of the sub-humans on this forum, and I put my hand up to that.
    I`m not that fast either but I really enjoy RBR, having some real competition will give me something to aim for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Need input on what damage level we should use. Is realistic too much? Might make it more fun..

No us of pace cars would be allowed (option in quick rally mode)..

And I think audio only pace notes...
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Calendar

So there are six venues in the game (GB, Japan, USA, Oz, Finland, France) with six stages apiece plus the rally school stage. Two options for weather for each of the above stages (we would not use random weather settings).

Plenty of options for gravel rallies, but limited for tarmac.

What follows is a quick off the cuff attempt at a calendar. Have a look and see what you think:

Rd 1 Monte-mix of France and some Finland
    Rd 2 Sweden -Finland stages
    Rd 3 Portugal-Oz and USA stages
    Rd 4 Acropolis-USA stages
    Rd 5 Finland-Japan stages
    Rd 6 whatever the Spanish rally is called-France
    Rd 7 Rally Australia-Oz stages
    Rd 8 Tour de Corse-France
    Rd 9 Wales-UK stages

Would vary weather appropriately to make things interesting. 6- 8b stages per event.

Championship for drivers, teams, manufacturers. Would be cool for players to commit to one car for an entire season, but I won't be bullish about it.

Comments? Suggestions?
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    So there are six venues in the game (GB, Japan, USA, Oz, Finland, France) with six stages apiece plus the rally school stage. Two options for weather for each of the above stages (we would not use random weather settings).

Plenty of options for gravel rallies, but limited for tarmac.

What follows is a quick off the cuff attempt at a calendar. Have a look and see what you think:

Rd 1 Monte-mix of France and some Finland
    Rd 2 Sweden -Finland stages
    Rd 3 Portugal-Oz and USA stages
    Rd 4 Acropolis-USA stages
    Rd 5 Finland-Japan stages
    Rd 6 whatever the Spanish rally is called-France
    Rd 7 Rally Australia-Oz stages
    Rd 8 Tour de Corse-France
    Rd 9 Wales-UK stages

Would vary weather appropriately to make things interesting. 6- 8b stages per event.

Championship for drivers, teams, manufacturers. Would be cool for players to commit to one car for an entire season, but I won't be bullish about it.

Comments? Suggestions?

That sounds good to me, I would be happy to compete under those conditions. Commiting to one car is a good idea in my opinion. With the addition of teams and manufactures championship this should be great.

as I have said before, it's unlikley I will win, as I'm still relavantly new to RBR and still improving each day. so I am competing to enjoy and get more experience.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    That sounds good to me too. I'm happy with being the same car every time.

(I assume adding skins is OK as that affects the physics of the original cars in no way?)

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Tannat, I would swop the Acropolis and Finland stages around. Right now you've got a very fast Acropolis but a very tight and twisty Finland. Just a thought...

And the Spanish round is called Catalunya.

And it looks to me like you need not have worried about entries...
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    Tannat, I would swop the Acropolis and Finland stages around. Right now you've got a very fast Acropolis but a very tight and twisty Finland. Just a thought...

And the Spanish round is called Catalunya.

And it looks to me like you need not have worried about entries...
    Good point on Acropolis and Finland, Bruce. Migt do some intermingling of stages there.

Entries-well we'll see...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    (I assume adding skins is OK as that affects the physics of the original cars in no way?)
    Sure-as long as it does not affect te physics or offer enhanced performance of some kind..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FYI-thread for first round will start October 25.

Rules and sign up thread next week

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    FYI-thread for first round will start October 25.

Rules and sign up thread next week
    excellent
    Whats a uni?