Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Perez in for Sauber on 2011

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87193

Seriously , they're going to ditch Heidfield for this kid ?
    Was it a right move for the Sauber team ?
    I'm not against it but...

Well , from my POV . If Sauber still perform badly next year . It'll destroy the kid future on F1 .

I'm not into Sauber that much but signing a rookie alongside a rookie ? That's a brave move for them .

What's your opinion on this ?
    " You need to put your life on the line to become a race car driver. " , ZEROX said . :vader:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROX
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87193

Seriously , they're going to ditch Heidfield for this kid ?
    Was it a right move for the Sauber team ?
    I'm not against it but...

Well , from my POV . If Sauber still perform badly next year . It'll destroy the kid future on F1 .

I'm not into Sauber that much but signing a rookie alongside a rookie ? That's a brave move for them .

What's your opinion on this ?
    Well Sauber has a history of finding decent rookies and putting them in his cars; Kimi, Massa, Kobay to name a few.

It does seem odd though to kick out PdlR for a grand total of 5 races just to kick Nick to the Kerb........although he must be getting used to it by now.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Money talks.

Hope Nick finds a ride.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well he seems good in GP2, no guarantee of being good in F1 of course, but he deserves a shot. If it helps out a sponsorless team for funds as well then that's always a good thing (providing it isn't a Yamamoto-level driver getting the ride as a result)

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Well, Heidfeld isn't getting any younger, and I think the next four GP's will establish how good he still is, and thus how much he would bring to the team in 2011.

Im happy Perez has got a shot at F1, I believe he has shown enough strength in GP2 and I can understand Sauber plucking for him what with the money that will inevitably come along with it. and sauber aren't exactly blessed with cash at the moment one would assume.

If sauber are a reasonable midfield contender next year like lately, then this is Perez' chance.

I wish him well but only time will tell.......

(as a side note, good to see a north american driver back in F1)
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well done Sergio. as for sauber well this doesnt bode well a rookie and a 2nd year driver. the problem both are paydrivers. this means sauber are on survival mode.
    see what happens when schumacher doesnt get number 1 status and a lapdog as a teammate?

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Great news, it looks like this kid has a great talent.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Slim's money put to good use.

Viva Mexico!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratonmacias
    well done Sergio. as for sauber well this doesnt bode well a rookie and a 2nd year driver. the problem both are paydrivers. this means sauber are on survival mode.
    Kobayashi is a pay driver? That is new to me. Which sponsor does he bring? Just because he's Japanese it doesn't mean he is a pay driver. Perez will technically be a pay driver but it is hardly a problem. He's the runner-up in GP2, not a Yamamoto or a Duno. I see it as positive news. Sauber is bringing a fresh talent into F1 and takes a step towards securing its financial situation.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Kobayashi is a pay driver? That is new to me. Which sponsor does he bring? Just because he's Japanese it doesn't mean he is a pay driver. Perez will technically be a pay driver but it is hardly a problem. He's the runner-up in GP2, not a Yamamoto or a Duno. I see it as positive news. Sauber is bringing a fresh talent into F1 and takes a step towards securing its financial situation.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy