Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally de Espana

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts

Rally de Espana

Who will win?

Will Kimi crash again?

Will Sordo be given the chance to win?

Post any details re the rally for fellow fans who are attending.

http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/espanol/index.asp
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Sordo
    LOL
    YES

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Sordo
    No, he won't, I expect him to finish on 6-7 place
    Yes

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    I can see that second stage is fully in gravel 14.97 km *2=29.94 km
    Also the first and third stage are described as gravel/tarmac - (35.94 km +17.28km)*2. Anyone knows what is the share of gravel/tarmac on those stages? That can mix up a few things during the first day. Currently the weather is predicted rain, rain and rain for next 9 days. So, who knows what we can expect.
    And Entry list should be published today? It is the last WRC rally with current WR Cars on tarmac.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Also the first and third stage are described as gravel/tarmac - (35.94 km +17.28km)*2. Anyone knows what is the share of gravel/tarmac on those stages? That can mix up a few things during the first day. Currently the weather is predicted rain, rain and rain for next 9 days. So, who knows what we can expect.
    And Entry list should be published today? It is the last WRC rally with current WR Cars on tarmac.

I have to agree, that running on this gravel will be different and diffucult. So they are running on tarmac tyres? I though Sordo would have been very fast, but now with the gravel I'm not too sure. Definetly Sordo's best chance, what are the chances of Loeb running away with it like he always does on tarmac?

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    First I'd be quite certain and also kind of hopeful for Sordo's victory, but for sure the gravel parts can play a role there. We all remember how Dani performed in his home rally last year. This year Loeb might back up a little because his championship(s) is secured. Or then again he just cruises to another victory. What will Petter Solberg do? Last year after first one, two stages he was equal to the second with Mikko Hirvonen, in his first rally with C4. He's definitely a podium challenger. Latvala could prove to be faster than Hirvonen again, perhaps Ogier landing somewhere there between Petter and the Ford boys. It'll sure be interesting fight for championship's second and third places in GB.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Usually Loeb takes the most of the advantage during the first stages when he is first on the road and roads are still clean and he has the best road conditions and later he usually drives with very similar speed to the other drivers and when it is bad road then he plays it smart and loses a few seconds. So, lets see what happens this time.
    If it is dry then for sure Sordo has a good chance. He starts further behind (5th on the road) and should have cleaner line. So, he can take some advantage compared to Loeb and if the advantage is over 20 seconds then that is almost mission impossible in Spain (remember, las year the difference between Sordo and loeb was only 12 seconds).

I think that Ogier is not a threat for the win. He is really fast on gravel but much slower on tarmac (last year he lost nearly 2 minutes to Loeb in Spain, This year he lost 2 minutes to Loeb in Bulgaria, lost over 2 minutes to Loeb in Germany and practically lost over two minutes to Loeb in France as well - if you delete his 10 minutes of penalties). Maybe Solberg is even bigger threat for the win.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Also the first and third stage are described as gravel/tarmac - (35.94 km +17.28km)*2. Anyone knows what is the share of gravel/tarmac on those stages? That can mix up a few things during the first day.
    Day 1: Gravel (73.13 %) and asphalt (26.87 %), Gravel tyres

SS1 / 4 Terra Alta: 75.10 % gravel and 24.90 % asphalt
    SS 2 / 5 La Ribera d’Ebre: 100 % gravel
    SS 3 / 6 Les Garrigues: 45.78 % gravel and 54.22 % asphalt

Day 2: 100% Tarmac, tarmac tyres

Day 3: 100% Tarmac, tarmac tyres

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    if sordo takes advantage of his road position on day 1 then its going to be ok for him.

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    if sordo takes advantage of his road position on day 1 then its going to be ok for him.
    Yeah there's no diadvantage running first on the raod second day, which is so uniqure considering first day is gravel and Loeb will be disadvantaged.

How about;

Petter leads day one, Sordo only 15 secs behind (faster than Sordo on gravel)

Then Sordo goes on to victory

Edit: If its wet but that changes everything, just remembered!