Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    Unfortunally another poor entrylist for Rally Scotland. I visited the event last year and it is very nice rally, so pitty the enttry is rather poor. The evnet certainly deserves a better entry.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe
    Unfortunately another poor entrylist for Rally Scotland. I visited the event last year and it is very nice rally, so pity the entry is rather poor. The event certainly deserves a better entry.
    I do wonder whether instead of instigating a new event they should have used a current event, e;g the McRae Stages, gone to 2 days and guaranteed a better entry, by being part of the Scottish Championship.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I do wonder whether instead of instigating a new event they should have used a current event, e;g the McRae Stages, gone to 2 days and guaranteed a better entry, by being part of the Scottish Championship.
    Maybe you are right about that one, should certainly give a far better entry.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    What is the difference between national and international? Do the national crews drive all the stages as well?
    National crews only do the first loop of the last day, following on from the first pass by the Internationals, though with the change to the stages that day I don't know if this affects it, or if they are given a refund of the entry fee or something. It's a national rally so drivers don't need to have an international license and cars do not have to be homologated (and less strict safety requirements, ie no HANS as this is not compulsary in the UK). They are not allowed to do a recce but are given pre-prepared route notes.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    The problem with that, is that the Scottish Championship is not run to FIA regulations and so a lot of local people would not be able to enter without spending a significant amount of money upgrading their cars to meet the requirements - mainly HANS, seats, harnesses, etc, but also the cars have to be homologated. I think this is a big reason why more national drivers haven't entered, prior to last year's event I had heard that it would be around £6k to get everything up to scratch

The other issue is of course available space for servicing etc which is limited as it is. It is a shame so few crews have entered but being so close to the end of the year and with the IRC allowing dropped scores there is always the risk of there not being a championship to still fight for, if it was closer I'm sure there would be a couple of others. The stages used are all really nice and very scenic, and very difficult to drive, especially if it is wet. I just hope that Drummond Hill is not too rough having been used just two weeks ago. I will be there whatever!!
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Thanks for the information!

Siim Plangi is doing Saaremaa rally this weekend. And I think he is using same car in Scotland :-) Nice logistical task for him. Rally ends on Saturday evening and he can leave the Saaremaa Island on Sunday morning. Kruuda is also doing Saaremaa rally but he is using different car in Scotland.

Hopefully the car stays on the road and lasts:-) We have so tight competition in 2WD category in Estonia that usually top three is in 10 seconds by the end of the rally. By the way, Plangi won the last rally in 2WD and second place was only 0.5 sec behind :-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Weather
    It looks to be very uncharacteristic.

Currently it looks highly likely that the weather in Scotland will be nice and the possibility of rain is not very high. But the possibility of fog is very high.

Good news is also that Plangi won 2WD in Saaremaa rally and his car is still in one piece :-) If he stays on the road and there is no rain, then he might finish in top 10 (Overall).
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Anyway, go Meeke gooooo !!!

His sucessfull outing in Italy last week-end(rally Costa Smeralda)may have been usefull as training for Scotland this coming week-end

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Danny Barry is to run DMACK tyers on this event on their Irc debut