Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    How do you know

As long as a manufacturer has a saloon and v8 in their range then they would be in

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    How do you know

As long as a manufacturer has a saloon and v8 in their range then they would be in
    Just like NASCAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Must get to Oz one day and see it for myself
    Would love to do Bathurst. Surfer's Paradise is the easier option

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Just like NASCAR!
    not necessarily. but as far as I see it, the big non-european motorsport markets that the WTCC should go to: USA, Australia, Argentina and Brazil, all have national premier saloon car series with spectacular cars, and so I think great interest in the WTCC would only be achieved in these places with cars that are just as spectacular.

good manouvairbility, large engines, aggresive but not fiddly aero packages and affordability is the dream for me. It would end up like a more awesome Superstars series.

and they use V8s. and there is plenty of european cars in that series.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

I am not try any tour completions. i am not interested to do practically. but i like the tour stories and experiences from others

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    V8 Supercars, DTM and V8 Superstars are interesting shows, but are far proper touring car racing. Their cars aren't popular enough to get that tag.

The best in my opinion is the Argentine TC2000: six brands running works teams (Ford, Chevrolet, Honda, Toyota, Fiat and Peugeot) totalling over 20 cars with top drivers in nearly all of them; amazing looking cars with four-cylinder engines and nice performance; and perfect weekend formats (one or two sprint races plus a 110km or 50min feature race most of the dates; a few special 200km or 300km pseudo endurance races).

To turn it into ultimate, it obviously needs the world's best drivers. Circuits can't be just good, FIA Grande 2: they must be special: Monza, Silverstone, Spa, Potrero de los Funes, Suzuka, Bathurst, Road Atlanta, Road America, nice street courses. Not a European championship with a couple of overseas rounds like most world championships: neither Europe or Asia should get over 40% of the races.
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Same classes and technical regs as:
    http://www.timeattack.co.uk/index.ph...ng-categories/
    http://www.timeattack.co.uk/index.ph...d-regulations/
    This series has everything from Skylines to a 6R4 Metro and a carbon bodied Sierra Cosworth, with a healthy dose of Imprevos, Lotuses and hot hatches
    2x30 min races, 1x1 hour race per race weekend
    Calendar:
    Mondello Park
    Knockhill
    Mallory Park
    Llandow
    Spa
    Nurburgring Nordschleife
    Tor Samochodowy Poznan
    Monza
    Mantorp Park
    The Mantorp and Mallory rounds would coincide with the Gatebil and new Awesomefest events
    Support races:
    Formula BMW - anyone remember how awesome they sounded?
    Clio Cup
    both Ginetta BTCC support series
    Carrera Cup
    Camaro Cup
    JDM Allstars drift series
    JRM Motorsport EVO X race series

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NaBUru38
    V8 Supercars, DTM and V8 Superstars are interesting shows, but are far proper touring car racing. Their cars aren't popular enough to get that tag.

The best in my opinion is the Argentine TC2000: six brands running works teams (Ford, Chevrolet, Honda, Toyota, Fiat and Peugeot) totalling over 20 cars with top drivers in nearly all of them; amazing looking cars with four-cylinder engines and nice performance; and perfect weekend formats (one or two sprint races plus a 110km or 50min feature race most of the dates; a few special 200km or 300km pseudo endurance races).

To turn it into ultimate, it obviously needs the world's best drivers. Circuits can't be just good, FIA Grande 2: they must be special: Monza, Silverstone, Spa, Potrero de los Funes, Suzuka, Bathurst, Road Atlanta, Road America, nice street courses. Not a European championship with a couple of overseas rounds like most world championships: neither Europe or Asia should get over 40% of the races.
    I agree with much of this. I wouldn't have any sprint races though like they have in TC2000; longer races at least about 35-40% of a normal GP distance for the shorter races. I quite like the idea of 1 or 2 endurance races per year as well.

I know people don't see V8SC and DTM cars as proper touring cars. rightly so. though I like several aspects of both. production based touring cars with big modifications to make the cars go fast is a good way to go in this respect instead of basically being purpose built race cars.

as a side note, I'm not too keen on FIAT being involved in motor racing like in TC2000; I would rather see their subsidiries; Alfa, Ferrari and Maserati out on track, all of which have the greater motor racing heritage. but I am just picky.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NaBUru38
    That's because national based series serve their own markets and interests eg. 1990s Trans Am and V8SC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Came over here from the NASCAR side and I am very interested in what I hear. Big news over there is VW is involved in an effort to bring DTM style cars to run a twelve race stand alone series at NASCAR events (for 6 races, presumably the road courses;Watkins Glen, Road America, Sanoma, Montreal, etc. and 6 races with the NASCAR owned Grand-Am series). I have watched both DTM and V8Supercars on Speed, and I love the Idea of one size fits all regs that all the worlds manufacturers can compete in. Call it the Holy Grail of motorsport. This is what LeMans should be, and the GT2 portion is doing a descent job of it. Here in the States Speed Challenge puts on a great show with many different makes, including regulating cars so Vipers can have V10's and Porsche can have boxer6 and even turbo cars all fairly equalized. Forgive my ignorance, but how much standardization is in a "touring car". Are the chassis and engines all fairly spec like NASCAR?
    :dozey: Behold the power of cheese;)

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    I'm not too keen on FIAT being involved in motor racing like in TC2000; I would rather see their subsidiries; Alfa, Ferrari and Maserati out on track, all of which have the greater motor racing heritage. but I am just picky.
    Well, Fiat is a big seller in Argentina, and the group's other brands don't.
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io