Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where was the Trackrod thread?!

I didnt start one as I knew I wouldnt be there but seeing as this was the last round of our premier rally championship and the title was still to be decided isnt it interesting that a thread didnt appear? Discuss!

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    While I agree, the BRC, whilst still our 'Premier' series - is no longer the series it was. Just comapre the S2000's in the BRC to Italy, Spain, etc
    It's racing equivalent, the BTCC, still gets plenty of attention, but the BRC doesn't. When was the last time it was advertised like the BTCC is?
    Whilst all the events are 'International's - quite a few only last 1 day, is that really enough for one class beneath IRC/ WRC??
    They need to decide what the BRC is for - espcially with the apparent demise of the ANCRO series.
    One final point - while they are hamstrung by the FC (especially in Yorkshire)- is having 1/2 spectator points on an International enough? Whilst the sport must be for the competitors - surely having a Friday night stage non-spectator is slightly strange.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Totally agree with your points. IMO the demise was hastened when the BRC was "contracted out" to a promotor. Sadly the BRC hasnt really learned any tricks from it's circuit racing cousin and Alan Gow is more than happy to admit in print that he borrows ideas from other series if it means the spectacle is improved.

I also agree with your point about the lack of spectator points on the Trackrod. If rallying is supposed to be being taken to the people then how come so few official speccy points? Why no stage near Scarboro like Olivers Mount?

I've heard it said the events in the BRC have their own agendas and only really play lip service to the BRC. Maybe next year will be a bit better with the highly promoted Sunseeker starting things off and a "double header" on the Manx to wind things up properly rather than going out with a whimper as it is at the mo.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Contracted out to a 'Promoter' - so why aren't they doing their job?
    Have they tried putting it on as many TV channels as possible?
    I do agree that BRC seems like a group of individual events, rather than events in the same Championship. Maybe the Promoters should leave the organisers to organise the events, but the Promoters take care of the promoting, media, spectators, etc Also, shouldn’t each event should have a generic BRC website. I do still think spectators are viewed as a nuisance, maybe I’m wrong; however spectator information is a bit hit and miss, yet when people complain they are shouted down.
    Personally, a BRC International event should be like the Sunseeker, or the Jim Clark of 1999, when Seat sponsored it, and it took over the town – it was an event. None of the current events give that feeling. I won’t blame the organising clubs as they do a great unpaid job, as well as doing their 9-5 jobs. It’s the Promoters that need to pull their fingers out.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???