Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    We have the ICS ROY News conference streaming live. Soon Will Power, Dixon and Dario among others.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Pretty good action for the season finale.

I'm the harshest Danica critic but I'll give her just due. You have to race like that more than 2x per year to be considered legit...Ed Carpenter has one of those also. But good run for her tonight...and looks like AA closed the gap back up to the Big 2 on those 1 1/2's.
    Really thought that battle was going to end in tears at one stage, as there's obviously no love lost there. I think seeing her actually race makes things all the more frustrating for everyone. Certainly does for me. If she's capable of running that hard (with a team mate, of all people), why is it such a rare event? Amusing that the race thread DF is missing from is actually the one race where his own special brand of somewhat myopic summation would actually be warranted for once.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet
    Really thought that battle was going to end in tears at one stage, as there's obviously no love lost there. I think seeing her actually race makes things all the more frustrating for everyone. Certainly does for me. If she's capable of running that hard (with a team mate, of all people), why is it such a rare event? Amusing that the race thread DF is missing from is actually the one race where his own special brand of somewhat myopic summation would actually be warranted for once.
    Hey, its people like him why so many people can't stand her. If she was paid attention to on a normal level and was given realistic credit I don't think her running mid to back of pack most of the time would be a big enough deal to bother. Fact is, as we all know, people like him and to a lesser extent the media make her out to be something she is not. I have no problem giving anybody credit when they deserve it no matter how I feel about them. Problem is with you know who around, there is no such thing as proper context. I hope he stays away for good so we can have realistic racing conversations around here!

Looking forward to next season! I think there is some positive momentum. Another race in the Southwest next year and I'm already looking forward to Long Beach!!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hell of a well, hell of a 2/3 of a race, and it seemed everyone was trying just a little harder. If Danica raced like that all the time she would be almost half as good as her publicity, which would be really good. Anticlimactic way to win it, but hats off to Dario. Oh, and to Scott too. And what the hell, Will and everyone else, it's the new millennium, everyone gets a trophy.
    There is no substitute...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to Dario, a deserved 3rd championship to an imo still underrated driver. With 3 championships and 2 I500s he has to be considered one of the best OW drivers ever.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just saw the race.

I'm sick to my stomach.

Guess we'll get 'em next year, Will.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    O tuned in at lap 50 and realized that all Power had to do was stay clean and stay close...and he blew it...

Poor guy wont let another one slip away like this one....

Experience coupled with speed kills..and Dario is now one of the best Indycar drivers of all time....and the best face for the sport going forward..

Congrats to him and Will on a great season, and yes, Congrats to the always classy Scott Dixon....

Foot note: Danica looked racy....my lord, she still has to stop blocking like mad with Kanaan but she didn't give up.....

If she did this more often, DF wouldn't look so bad carrying the water for her..
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to Dario!

I saw Indy Lights race on TV and ... where were the spectators? 1000 maximum ...
    R.I.P. Michael Park
    Thanks for great memories through many years!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by domaza
    . where were the spectators? 1000 maximum ...

i went to an intersquad jazz scrimmage yesterday.....there were more people there.....and im not kidding

the crowd was pathetic....has been for years
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!