Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dazzla, I'd be interested to hear you views on the growth and direction of the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship (STCC)...

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Brilliant Post Dazzla, my only quip is you mention the 'super tracks' of the WTCC. I'd have to disagree there, whilst it visits the great macau, Suzuka (from this year), Donington and Monza, it also goes to Valencia, Oschersleben, Curitiba, Zolder, Marrakech and this new guangdong place. All are or look dull IMO, and If the WTCC were to visit places like Potrero de los Funes, Bathurst, Le Mans, Montjuich Park, Interlagos it would be signficantly improved. I also think it needs to have the best touring cars in the world, a mix between DTM/TC2000/V8SC machines in essence, because like you say the series has great potential.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Dazzla, I'd be interested to hear you views on the growth and direction of the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship (STCC)...
    Its too early to say really simply because of the fact it is in its infancy. From what i've seen though, the entry list and the calendar is Swedish dominated at the moment. Plus in Autosport, they say they intend to adopt the BTCC's new NGTC rules package within 2 years so it'll be interesting to see how that develops.

But that brings me back to my original point in the BTCC description and NGTC becoming the future platform for other championships to follow, with it being the platform it was in the supertouring days, that could also mean the potential for the championship to attract more manufacturer backed teams and with it more money due to the more stable rules package.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BTCC i vote the best

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    V8SC is awesome, but the races are way too long, like a GT race. Also I don't like the fact that there are only two carmakers.
    Perhaps you where watching the endurance races lol Bathurst or Phillip Island.V8 is the best for me if I had to choose...why do we have to choose....Also V8s will only be 2 carmakers for 2 more years then they are bring in COTF....it could kill the series.....with a genentic engine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BTCC is simply the best. It definately isn't perfect but imo it always has been and always will be the best tin-top (if not best race series overall) in the world.
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    BTCC is simply the best. It definately isn't perfect but imo it always has been and always will be the best tin-top (if not best race series overall) in the world.
    It's very close, with a lot of overtaking, great personalities, a lot of cars and very interesting tracks.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racer69
    I think your being abit fanciful with how 'exciting' the COTF is going to be, it is effectively just a NASCAR COT, with a standard chassis and any bodywork covering, not Touring Car racing in my opinion.
    The COTF supercars will be constructed in exactly the same way as the current supercars, ie racing specific floorplan for reasons, mainly, of cost reduction.

While most of what you say is correct, the days of production cars going racing, basically group a, are a long way in the past, and for many reasons, but mainly safety reasons, are never coming back.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In their current state my preferences lay with -

1st - BTCC... Always great racing with the best tracks and the drivers are not affraid to battle for postion and loose a bit of paint. Good mix of FWD and RWD cars within the field. 3rd race being a reverese top 10ect.. grid makes for brilliant viewing. 2011 is potentially looking to be a classic BTCC season.

2nd - V8 Supercars... Immense cars that sound crazy with a large field of cars, from what ive seen over the years some nice circuits too. Would prefer the races to be shorter like sprint races.

3rd - WTCC.... Circuits used are quite uninteresting for touring car racing and therfore doesnt make for great racing. Never seems to be as much action going on as the BTCC. Has been some great drivers in the series though.

4th - DTM.... Cars look good but thats about it, they handle to well like a single seater, not like a road car at all. Its F1 but in saloon form with a lot of precessional races where the race is won in the first corner.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torg22
    In their current state my preferences lay with -

1st - BTCC... Always great racing with the best tracks and the drivers are not affraid to battle for postion and loose a bit of paint. Good mix of FWD and RWD cars within the field. 3rd race being a reverese top 10ect.. grid makes for brilliant viewing. 2011 is potentially looking to be a classic BTCC season.

2nd - V8 Supercars... Immense cars that sound crazy with a large field of cars, from what ive seen over the years some nice circuits too. Would prefer the races to be shorter like sprint races.

3rd - WTCC.... Circuits used are quite uninteresting for touring car racing and therfore doesnt make for great racing. Never seems to be as much action going on as the BTCC. Has been some great drivers in the series though.

4th - DTM.... Cars look good but thats about it, they handle to well like a single seater, not like a road car at all. Its F1 but in saloon form with a lot of precessional races where the race is won in the first corner.
    Same here, although I hope for a good WTCC season... I would also prefer a sprint V8 race...
    Formula 1