Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sw2000
    Plus Polestar, is set up from the company that was TWR. They did a fair bit in Australia
    I thought Polestar came from Flash Engineering?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    I thought Polestar came from Flash Engineering?
    You're right. They evolved from the first incarnation of Flash Engineering.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    You lot still here?!

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    A short interview with Jason Bright, covering Le Mans, Allen Simonsen, and the Townsville race this weekend.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/06/28/...le-mans-debut/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A very late reply to the thread creator. I don't know if it was mentioned before but I suggest you to follow SuperGT. Also there are some rumours/information about a merger between DTM and SuperGT.

Mercedes and Nissan involvement in the V8 Supercars resembles Toyota's enterance to NASCAR. It was such an exciting move! Moreover, Volvo's attendance to V8 Supercars may boost the series' international expansion.

It remains to be seen about V8SC and their international expansion - current management are now talking down future international race plans and looking to go regional in Australia instead (similar to the Townsville race).

I would be very keen on a V8SC race @ Spa or Donnington, for arguments sake, but reality is a bit closer to home IMO

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    I would be very keen on a V8SC race @ Spa or Donnington, for arguments sake, but reality is a bit closer to home IMO
    Under FIA rules, a European race will never happen unfortunately.
    Michael \"Beef\" Park 1966 - 2005 RIP
    Richard Britton 1970 - 2005 RIP

Go n-eiri an bothar leo!

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    I think the BTCC and WTCC are almost as good as they can be, just a few tweaks would make them better.

I like the direction that the WTCC is going in for 2014 - they should finally look fitting at circuits like Monza as they would have to power to actually get round the lap in under 20 minutes - but I fear the cars may look a bit over the top. If they just increase the wheel size to 18" and have a slightly bigger rear wing they'd be something close to how the Super Touring cars looked. The ridiculous new rear wing size and silly wheelarch & door sill extension make them look to much like a wannbe DTM car (this is all based on the look of the Citroen C-Elysee WTCC car). The main technical advantage the WTCC cars (current and 2014 onwards) have over the NGTC cars is the smaller engine producing similar power. I can't stand the sound of the BTCC cars and can't help but think they'd sound better with less cubic capacity screaming away to get the same result.

BTCC has good racing - it's hard to argue with that. But I don't need to see it three times spread between 11am and whenever it finally finishes later that evening - if they went back to the two race format I don't think we'd lose anything and potentially the teams would be spending even less by doing less miles per weekend. From a technical side (other than the engines) they need to get rid of those side skirts. I couldn't quite tell why NGTC cars don't quite look as spectacular as the new rules sounded. Then this week's Autosport SuperTouring fest opened my eyes. It's the side skirts that ruins the look in my opinion - big wheels yes, big rear wing yes, front aero yes, but no side skirts!

From a sporting point of view there are two small problems: one is the lack of international stars; and the other is the independent teams being some manufacturers' only involvement in the series. There's not much the BTCC can do about it having only a few top national drivers and the rest (though competent at touring car racing) being guys who have come up through the support categories. With the WTCC having people like Yvan Muller, Rob Huff, Gabriele Tarquini etc it's hard for the BTCC to appear as nationally diverse or with as high a level of driving talent. The number of manufacturers present in the BTCC has increased but when it's Vauxhalls run by 'Team HARD' or a VW Passat run by..... err the same team, or an Audi run by 'Rob Austin Racing' it loses a bit of credibility. Me and am I'm sure plenty of other BTCC fans would prefer to see Insignias in Vauxhall colours, Audis in Audi Sport colours and Fords in Ford colours. More manufacturer teams to add to Honda and MG would give the championship much more credibility in my opinion.

As for DTM and V8 Supercars - I haven't seen V8s enough to form a sound opinion of them but still prefer it to the DTM. DTM is just a cross between touring car racing and GT racing. It also seems to have fallen into the same trap series like GP2, GP3, WSR, Auto GP and from 2014 Super Formula (formerly Formula Nippon) have fallen in. To wit they have decided to copy as many things from F1 as is possible all the while not realising it only makes their boring series even more boring! Also I find the cars ugly with way too much aero on them.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Some time in late 2010 I randomly tuned to SpeedTV channel. They were just starting the show about the 2010 Surfers Paradise V8 Supercars race. After seeing that glorious finish, I knew I was hooked. Take a look at this:

2010 V8 Supercars Gold Coast Race2 - YouTube

also 2011:
    Finish of race 1 in V8 Supercars on Surfers paradise - 2011 - YouTube

Unfortunately, we don't get very good coverage of DTM, BTCC, Fia GT1, or WTCC in the US. You had to wait until the end of year to see race summaries. From what I have seen, I though V8 Supercars is the best, with BTCC also quite nice. DTM seemed kind of boring. The DTM races look to me like F1 in 2011, but without DRS. Very little overtaking and wheel to wheel racing, at least in races that I have seen.

I remember watching that race and was totally amped by the wheel to wheel action. I am not a fan of the Surfers track (funnel?) but it came up trumps in that race. Cool post, Zako.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Ronald
    I don't likes to watch race of WTCC and BTCC cars. BTCC cars looks attractive as compare with WTCC Cars. I have watched the race but not impressive.
    Is any racing event goind to held except WTCC and BTCC cars? Name the place and the date with complete prescriptions.

Counting Scale