Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
Really? I find the races to be of good length generally - sometimes the officiating is a bit appalling in V8s, but I suppose that applies to a lot of racing series. At least races generally aren't wreckfests like BTCC can be.

One of the things that I do find lacking in the V8 supercar calendar is circuits that allow the cars to stretch their legs a bit. There's too many purpose built circuits on the V8 calendar that are flat as a tack and 3km long or shorter. There's Winton, Hidden Valley, Queensland Raceway and Symonds Plains, and to a lesser extent Sandown Raceway that all fall into this category.

I feel that the V8 Supercars are a little overgrown for the number of club circuits on the calendar.
The V8 cars I love at Mt. Panorama. That's an amazing track. Totally awesome. About the lenght of the races, I guess that it's a matter of taste. I personally love the WTCC/BTCC format with short, but many races, this turns them into a non-stop action-packed sprint, while in V8SC sometimes are kinda F1-ish, follow the leader and explore tactics.