Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Loeb will retire after 2011 season

"Ich habe das Gefühl, dass ich genug Risiken eingegangen bin. Und dazu bin ich nicht mehr bereit", erklärte Sebastien Loeb gegenüber französischen Medien. Auf die Frage, ob 2011 seine letzte Saison werden wird, antwortete der Rekord-Weltmeister: "Zweifellos ja."

Mit 59 Siegen und sechs Titeln - der siebte ist so gut wie sicher - ist Loeb der erfolgreichste Rallyefahrer aller Zeiten. Im Sommer verlängerte er seinen Vertrag mit Citroën um ein Jahr, damit er 2011 noch einmal mit dem von ihm mitentwickelten DS3 WRC antreten kann. "Mir geht es jetzt um den Spaß am Sport", so Loeb, der mit Sebastien Ogier in der kommenden Saison den bislang stärksten Teamkollegen bekommen wird.

accordings this article (source: ) Seb will retire after season 2011.
    he has already risked much and on the question, if 2011 will be hís last season: "Yes, definitely !"
    With 59 wins, 7 titles he´s the most successful rally-driver ever. He wants to enjoy the DS3 and maybe Seb Ogier will get his most competitive team-collegue.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sorry

source (normally very serious !):

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/top...-an/index.html

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Autosport is also reporting

I feel gutted! This will suck

*insert sarcasm here***
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86881

Hard to believe, but the man does have a family to take into consideration.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Understandable and not a big surprise. But by then, he's only been on top level for 10 years, so that's pretty short compared to others, although his success ratio is of course a lot higher.

I assume Le Mans (series) and maybe Dakar are his next projects. I still hope he would make some cameo's in WRC though, just like Grönholm.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    No real surprise....could spell trouble for Ford though unless the Fiesta is substantially better than the DS3. Only one season in the new cars will mean a highly motivated Seb and we all know what he can do when he's 100% attack.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

In my view a very sportive en sensible decision. With the new car regulations and a lot more competitors it will be a great challenge for Seb.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsu91qjnll8

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Translating an article from Corsa (one of the best motorsports magazines in Argentina)

"The reign of France's Sebastien Loeb in the Rally World Championship has an expiration date. In an interview with Paris Match magazine gala, Seb said he would withdraw from the activity "at the end of the 2011 season."

After winning six titles and be ready to hold the seventh of its successful sports campaign, Loeb told the magazine that "it is not worth taking unnecessary risks by trying to follow."

The multiple champion said that has nothing to do on arrival at the team of Sebastien Ogier, who never stops amazed by their performance. "It is he who put an end to my career, I who took this decision," he said.

However, being away from the WRC does not mean it will no longer compete. It is quite possible tipping himself to the track through its participation in long-term careers, something that it is not unknown after participating in some editions of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

"I've taken enough risks and I'm not willing to take the same. My only motivation now is the pleasure" ended."

http://www.corsaonline.com.ar/2010/0...-su-retiro.php

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    He wants to make the same mistake as Gronholm did and after two years he will look for a competetive drive.. Rubish..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He should quit now, because then he would be quitting on top....
    Never give up...