Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts

Who will be champion??

One race to go, who will be champion???
    Power is 12 points ahead and wins the tiebreaker (I think). So if Power is second, Dario has to win, score pole and most laps led. If Dario is second, Power has to be fifth or lower if my calculations are correct?

So what do you all think? Will Briscoe and Helio be going for the win, or will they be the wingmen for Power?

EDIT: Ganassi won the last four races at Homestead, so you might say they have a slight edge at this track?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm so tempted to say Danica...

I honestly don't know. Power has the advantage, but it's going to be a real tense race. Dario has the experience of down to the wire title fights, but then at the same time he needs to be the one going all out, whereas (in theory) Power only has to shadow him. Ought to be an interesting race whatever happens.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    One race to go, who will be champion???
    Power is 12 points ahead and wins the tiebreaker (I think). So if Power is second, Dario has to win, score pole and most laps led. If Dario is second, Power has to be fifth or lower if my calculations are correct?

So what do you all think? Will Briscoe and Helio be going for the win, or will they be the wingmen for Power?
    I have to believe that Ryan and Helio will help Will win the champsionship, but Dario has a lot of momentum and also will have Dixion helping him out. I think its going to be Dario.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Most likely scenario in my mind is Dario winning the race, and Power finishing 3rd or worse. It is definitely very tight, as Dario is the better oval driver, but the 12 point swing evens that out. I'd say 60/40 Dario gets championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ganassi has been tough at this track in recent years as pointed out but that balance has shifted ever so slightly to Penske at least the last half of this year. The only reason this title isn't already over in Will's favor is crew/team mistakes while Power was running in contention for the W. I predict Will and Dario will fight out the championship at the front, finsishing 1-2 as guaranteed by the league (just like last year). Dario wins race, Briscoe wins pole, Power gets championship.

Interesting thought, if there were a tie, it would be the 2nd time in Dario's career he loses the title on a tie breaker.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Interesting thought, if there were a tie, it would be the 2nd time in Dario's career he loses the title on a tie breaker.
    That was the first thing that came to mind..

I think as long as a Penske Car wins the pole, the Championship goes to Power.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    As with all these things you'd rather have the points in the bag already as who knows what happens with mechanicals, tyres, debris etc. For that reason i'm going for Power as Dario has to win regardless, so Penske can play it a number of ways....have one guy act as wingman to Will and send the other out to try and force a mistake from Dario.

Dario only has one person backing him up.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's going to be tight, it's going to be tense, Dario has the experience, Power's been driving very well, just a few mistakes by his crew, and how often does Penske make pit mistakes.......not very often. I think Power wins the Championship...barely.
    There is no substitute...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How will be champion

Well i was hoping for Michael Schumacher but it seems he will not get it due to a crappy car in 2010, maybe next year might be better for him, i think its going to be Seb Vettel , I am glad Michael is back has i have been a fan/supported him since 1991. . I have heard that Kimi and Ralf Schumacher are returning but it could be just a rumor, and has for Jacques Villeneruve getting a motorsport team i cant see that being successful.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Power, by 7 points!

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."