Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 3,296 Times in 1,735 Posts
    In my opinion this ranking is not so bad. Maybe these are just difficult beginnings? I agree that in some places it's ridiculous, but also rallying is today a ridiculous sport.

Football and tennis have had their own rankings for years. And they work. Because in those sports the best competitors compete in the most important championships. If you are good at playing football you qualify and compete in European Championship and World Cup. The same with tennis. The best players compete in the best tournaments - Ralland Garros, Wimbledon, Australian Open etc. The problem with rallying is that it's full of Wilsons, Villagras, Al Qasimis, Rautenbachs and Munchis. They would never achieve World Championship level in tennis or football. In rallying is just a matter of money to reach international level. It's hard to reflect it in such a ranking.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Completely agree with Jarek

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I will never understand how it is possible that so many people think that in WRC are only the best drivers. Maybe is an effect of FIA politics, i.e. pulling the wool over peoples eyes?
    It was like that years ago, when competing in wrc was less expensive, competition was better and the whole serie was not so much concentrated on factory teams. Oh... and FIA wasn't so stupid.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - true rallying is here! :)

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    I will never understand how it is possible that so many people think that in WRC are only the best drivers.
    could you name some drivers that could compete with them and are outside the WRC ?

and by the WRC i don't mean wilson and co. i mean the best...Latvala,loeb ogier,sordo,hirvonen ects...

all the IRC guys (apart from hanninen) had their chances and did absolutely nothing with it...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    and by the WRC i don't mean wilson and co. i mean the best...Latvala,loeb ogier,sordo,hirvonen ects...
    Strange thinking, Wilson and co. are not in WRC?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how about the examples?, would be interesting to know who and where the best drivers are.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    its not strange....its unfair to compare the top local/irc drivers with the second class ones from the wrc....

you compare the top of the locals/irc/erc with the top of the wrc and the second class locals/irc with the second class WRC ones which again the difference is chaotic...

its like in womens sport football... the top players/girls play for the first division teams and the second class in the second/third division.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Tom, N.O.T. you don't understand. I mean that in WRC there are maybe 15-20% of good drivers, the rest has more money than talent. In the past it was much bigger percentage.
    The WRC is no longer a place where most of the top drivers are. Currently big number of them drive in cheaper series (including national).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tom, N.O.T. you don't understand. I mean that in WRC there are maybe 15-20% of good drivers, the rest has more money than talent. In the past it was much bigger percentage.
    The WRC is no longer a place where most of the top drivers are. Currently they drive in cheaper series (including national).
    Is it so difficult for you to tell, lets say in what series does the top 5 drivers drive?
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Why only five? I can tell you that top drivers are for example in WRC, IRC, CIR. And that's not all.
    You can't measure the serie by taking only five of them, bcause in wrc after those five are only average.