Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    It would still work unreal. Because to win a round of for example Danish champ (no offense) is probably easier than to be in top ten in Italian championship. It's still "same level" of ranking. The same goes to zone events and European cups. Almost all events of our championship are something like that but entry would be same if they are not. No-one is interested in these useless series except some our national drivers who get money from ASN for representation (although they drive only one event outside Czech championship to be classified - in reality ASN sponsors them our national champ).

I wanted to point out that useless basis of any ranking system will give always only useless results. This ranking system can be balanced for WRC, IRC, ERC, MERC, APRC, CODASUR but never for national series etc. They have too different level.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    the top wrc guys cannot be touched by village event winners....the fact that andreucci is 150 years old and still wins in italy says a lot about the level of competition....the battles are very nice indeed but they happen in slow motion.

Monte carlo this year is a good indication of the difference in driver skills between WRC and other events. Same goes for the ridicule hanninen gets from ketomaa when he challenges him in the WRC.
    Francois Duval drove Sanremo last year in the same car that finished second and from memory most of his times were outside of the top 10. He also drove on Deutschland this year and did somewhat better than that.

As for Hanninen/Ketomaa, it is true that those two seem to be far and away faster than anyone else in sWRC on gravel, but remember Hanninen won in Finland. I would think right now Hanninen is a more complete driver than Ketomaa.

I hope that there will be some more manufacturers in WRC in the future and not just the three we have next year and then some of these drivers you call "failures" might get a decent chance. IMO, after the top 6 guys from WRC (Loeb, Ogier, Mikko, Petter, JML, Sordo) there is a group from outside who are better than the guys in the "M2" teams which would include Meeke, Hanninen, Ketomaa + maybe PG and possibly some others.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    As for Hanninen/Ketomaa, it is true that those two seem to be far and away faster than anyone else in sWRC on gravel, but remember Hanninen won in Finland. I would think right now Hanninen is a more complete driver than Ketomaa.
    They had two battles this year. In the first one in Portugal Juho crashed while being some 1-2 seconds behind Ketomaa, so it's not that easy
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]It would still work unreal. Because to win a round of for example Danish champ (no offense) is probably easier than to be in top ten in Italian championship. It's still "same level" of ranking. The same goes to zone events and European cups. Almost all events of our championship are something like that but entry would be same if they are not. No-one is interested in these useless series except some our national drivers who get money from ASN for representation (although they drive only one event outside Czech championship to be classified - in reality ASN sponsors them our national champ).

I wanted to point out that useless basis of any ranking system will give always only useless results. This ranking system can be balanced for WRC, IRC, ERC, MERC, APRC, CODASUR but never for national series etc. They have too different level.
    I focused more on giving WRC, IRC etc. a coefficient and national championships in general some kind of coefficient. That’s true that there are huge different in levels in the national championships and they should have different coefficients (1 – 20) but I think that would be a challenging job. In fact the IRDA list doesn’t have any coefficient for national championships.

Also the drivers in continental championships rarely compete in same rally so it’s a little bit guessing what coefficients they should have. For ERC it’s little bit easier but for the rest….

There are the “Non Championship Events” which contains rallies from British, Irish, Italian, Swiss and Czech national rally championships and there are quite many from Italian I.R.C Trony, few international rallies etc. Would be nice to on what basis these rallies have choosed.

The other is the “Zone Events” that contains rallies from different countries. I didn’t bother to look up if they are included in a national championship.

In these both list there is one French rally but not a single Spanish, Portuguese, German, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish etc, rally.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,686 Posts
    I must say, I dont like both :-)

It is very difficult to find proper ranking system in rallysport, especially if you want to have a mixture of different championships. It should work at tennis, where are the main tournaments full of the best players. This is not working in rally, most of good drivers are missing on WRC rounds...

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Ask N.O.T, he can easily rank all the drivers ;-) Maybe you need to send some test videos to evaluate some lesser know drivers.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas