Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    It looked like the sort of thing which teams show to potential sponsors, not the general public.
    Perhaps it's all part of McLaren's "new image" to air this kind of thing to the public. Good for them I thought it was well worth an hour of my Sunday.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea the voice over guy sounded like a complete drip!!!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futuretiger9
    I've just finished watching it. Quite enjoyable, if a touch bland in places. There's was some good stuff about Lewis Hamilton and his dad, including some footage from their karting days. I suppose it served as a good introduction for Lewis to the wider British public.
    Yep, it was great.

The karting footage was from 10 years ago when ITV used to show the 'Champions of The Future' series.

Just Ron and Lewis' dad and all you fans out there, I feel proud and privileged following Lewis career and seeing him make it to F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    The programme was essentially a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes corporate video with a two-minute introduction from Steve Ryder.

It looked like the sort of thing which teams show to potential sponsors, not the general public.

Interesting in parts, but nothing which couldn't have been done as a ten-minute segment in a proper season preview.
    Yeah, that's pretty much my impression of it.
    I did enjoy all the bits about Hamilton's rise, I think they did that well. But the rest of it felt a lot like they were speaking from a script for the cameras, especially the no donuts bit.
    I also think it was a bit unfair to blame McLaren's failure to win a race last year on their drivers!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I took it to be a corporate video for McLaren, but it was enjoyable just the same. That programme will be probably one of the only time you see Ron smile this year! I loved the "no doughnuts" rule and thought "Alonso will be in trouble now" when he did - even if it wasn't in his race car!
    I aim to live forever - so far so good...