Page 114 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1457
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peg306
    If i understood the tv commentators correct, none of them had the same combo. Loix on 4 snow tyres, Hänninen 2 snow/2 intermediates, And Kopecky on 4 intermediates.
    Yes, Eurosport guys really said that: it means that none of the top 3 Skoda guys had the same tyres.
    Well, isn´t that the spread of risk mentioned by Nornbugger above? Do not forget, according to the split times, Freddy would have been much faster if not for his flat tyre during last 10 km of SS8. Without the flat tyre, Freddy would have almost been attacking the overall lead.
    (Not mentioning 4 stud tyres of Delecour and 2 stud tyres of Bouffier - the guys were really the only exception amongst the top drivers...and they are both French ).

What I´m trying to say is, that the strategy of Skoda maybe wasn´t that bad as the present results might imply.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Gravel crews had to go 2 hours earlier to see the stage..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I Just arrived home and i've been watching the recorded Eusrosport transmission which was awsome!

Mirek, Hanninen and Kopecky both seemed completely mad about "an insane guy" who sent them racing on those tyres. Bad ambience in the Skoda Team? Were they talking about Hrabanek? What do you think?

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    Gravel crews had to go 2 hours earlier to see the stage..
    No. They were driving through stage up to approximately 3 o'clock which is an hour before start. It started snowing at around 2 o'clock and was snowing all the time. I was there...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,510 Times in 896 Posts
    tolis11, tnx for pics.

And why Kopecky didn't care 2 spare snow tyres as Haninen did?

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    2009 IRC Pickems Champion

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honza H.
    Yes, Eurosport guys really said that: it means that none of the top 3 Skoda guys had the same tyres.
    Well, isn´t that the spread of risk mentioned by Nornbugger above? Do not forget, according to the split times, Freddy would have been much faster if not for his flat tyre during last 10 km of SS8. Without the flat tyre, Freddy would have almost been attacking the overall lead.
    (Not mentioning 4 stud tyres of Delecour and 2 stud tyres of Bouffier - the guys were really the only exception amongst the top drivers...and they are both French ).

What I´m trying to say is, that the strategy of Skoda maybe wasn´t that bad as the present results might imply.
    Βut here says that Loix and Hanninen had same combo
    http://www.ircseries.com/html/readnews.asp?id=2414

which if it is true is strange the diff between them.

Liked 1,254 Times in 682 Posts
    I was listening to IRC Rally Radio, and while they were in the service park, they were discussing the tyre choices - i was slightly surprised by some of the choices. However, there wasn't any doubt in Delecour's mind about his choice - he was extremely positive - "there is snow..." everybody else thought he was mad. I can understand Hanninen's choice - he was covering whatever Solberg did - who chose intermediates, with 2 winter tyres in the boot. What I find strange from Skoda is not splitting their strategy to cover both bases - Kopecky should have been on winter/studded tyres. It always amazes me when in difficult/mixed weather comditions, teams don't always cover both bases. Ducati did the same last year at Donington - in a wet/damp race, both were on dry set ups.
    How can so many people get such different weather information, and get it wrong. I thought we all knew it would snow in the afternoon.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Came home after a long day , and I just couldn't believe my eyes . Delecour 2nd ?!?! I don't think anyone could have predicted this outcome after the 2nd day . The old man first shocked me with a very good and steady pace during the whole rally , but this is simply fantastic ! Seeing Kopecky on 4 intemediates really shocked me , makes a big fail for the whole Škoda Motorsport team ... They had the reasons of course , but the result was catastrophic , 1 Škoda in the top 5 . However , after seeing today's action one must say Loix has realistic chances for a victory . Can't wait for Turini night

I guess now its : Go Delecour !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now, let´s turn the page: what change in the overall results may we expect tomorrow? Will Freddy reach the top? Is Delecour capable to speed up a bit? Is it still possible to see an overall win of Hanninen? What about other guys from the top 7?