Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I'm without a PS in college at the moment. My commitments are slipping I'm afraid. You guys will have to press on until I can sort something out here
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I have to apologise for my performance on this one. I couldn't get the hang of Oulton and couldn't get a set up that worked for me. Not only was I slow but I kept spinning too. Then at the start of the race I got mugged off the grid and lost 5 or 6 places before being bunged into a spin. This set the tone as I struggled to overtake anyone and kept dropping it.

The second race started slightly better as I felt more comfortable with the handling but after I'd been spun a few times I tried just putting in really hot laps which mostly ended in me heading across the grass. I was seconds away from throwing a childish tantrum, hopefully I'll fare a bit better in the next round.

One thing that today has highlighted is how bad this game is when you spin. The car crawls to a stop and then you can't get it moving quickly. When it finally moves forward the turning circle is so bad that you've lost hours of time before you're back on track. It's been sending me mad tonight, I'm flaming livid
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    even though I haven't raced on the international layout of oulton as much, compared to other tracks, I was quite satisfied with my performance. a bit cautious at times, but I felt good with the Audi after a while.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Round 6 of the TOCA 2 Touring Car Championship took place at the Oulton Park International circuit for a weekend of mixed weather, but not mixed results.

Qualifying for race one showed Jon Brown to be untouchable in the Nissan with a dominant 1:21.70 to take pole. Tannat was a further 1.5 seconds back in the Ford with #1JTFan just a tad behind in the Vauxhall. The remainder of the grid was Jan Yeo (Renault) in fourth, Alfa Fan (Volvo) fifth and Iron Rooster (Audi) completing the grid.

The race for Jon Brown was a dominant as his qualifying performance as he finished in the top spot with nearly seven seconds in hand over Tannat. Alfa Fan rounded out the podium with a fine third place followed by #1JTFan in the Vauxhall, IronRooster in the Audi and Jan Yeo in the Renault.

Race two took place under rainy conditions and resulted in the seasons first retirement. Tannat showed good rain legs by taking pole position ahead of Jon Brown. Jan Yeo was close behind in the Renault followed by Alfa Fan, Iron Rooster and #1JTFan.

In the race the Nissan of Jon Brown triumphed once again over the Ford of Tannat, winning by nearly ten seconds. Alfa Fan took a fine third place followed closely by IronRooster in fourth and the Vauxhall of #1JTFan in fifth. Jan Yeo succumbed to multiple spins on lap four and retired.

9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Error In Race 1 Results

Jan Yeo did not retire but finished in sixth
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Championship tables

A new leader at the top-by a slim margin...

Driver's Championship

1-JonBrown-------------103 (6 wins)
    2-#1JTFan--------------100 (5 wins)
    3-Tannat-----------------82 (1 win)
    4-Alfa Fan---------------38
    5-Paddy52------------ --36
    5-IronRooster-----------36
    7-Mr Jan Yeo-----------23

Manufacturer's Championship

1-Nissan---------------62
    2-Vauxhall-------------57
    3-Ford------------------55
    4-Volvo----------------51
    5-Renault--------------49
    6-Honda---------------47
    6-Audi-----------------47
    8-Peugeot-------------34

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NEXT ROUND: Croft, September 28-October 5

JanYeo-Vauxhall
    #1JTFan-Volvo
    AlfaFan-Audi
    IronRooster-Ford
    Tannat-Honda
    JonBrown-Peugeot
    Paddy-Renault

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    my aim is to finish fourth in the championship, hopefully I can do well in the next round, as the Ford is one of my favourite cars in the game.

I was surprised not to finsh last in the second race, as I was shoved into the grass a couple of times by a pesky Volvo.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just wasnt comfortable with the car or track. hopefully I can bounce back in the final round.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    A new leader at the top-by a slim margin...

Driver's Championship

1-JonBrown-------------103 (6 wins)
    2-#1JTFan--------------100 (5 wins)
    3-Tannat-----------------82 (1 win)
    4-Alfa Fan---------------38
    5-Paddy52------------ --36
    5-IronRooster-----------36
    7-Mr Jan Yeo-----------23

Manufacturer's Championship

1-Nissan---------------62
    2-Vauxhall-------------57
    3-Ford------------------55