Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    TommyKendall11 http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/
    Heard KV Racing is talking to a Russian oligarch about running a kid named Ivan Tearingsuspensionov. @jimmyvasser said, "He's fast!!"

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop-98
    TommyKendall11 http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/
    Heard KV Racing is talking to a Russian oligarch about running a kid named Ivan Tearingsuspensionov. @jimmyvasser said, "He's fast!!"

rh
    lol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet
    Schumacher to quit F1 and go for an Indy 500 win? I'm joking...
    of course, it makes sense - he is coming over with Ferrari - they patched things up and it will be like the glory days.... can you imagine what will happen the first time he swerves toward the guy next to him at Indy????

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS

Andretti Autosport
    The team is looking at getting all four of its drivers back, with deals locked in for three of their four teams they can focus on finding more money for Ryan Hunter Reay
    It is my opinion that the Princess and Go Daddy will blow out of AA and ICS at the end of the 2010 season and concentrate solely on Nascar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop-98
    TommyKendall11

rh
    Don't forget about his mamma... Ivanna Writuabigchecksi !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Verizon is leaving Penske's Cup operation to move over to the Indy side.

The word from Sirius is that Verizon has informed Penske that it isn't planning on sponsoring Allgaier, who is fourth in the Nationwide standings right now. Sirius reports that Verizon doesn't plan on leaving Penske but will put more of its dollars into the IndyCar part of its program.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/rumors

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More from Jayski and Sirius Speedway
    "It's true that they're evaluating their NASCAR investment right now," said Penske Racing Vice President of Marketing and Communications Jonathan Gibson, "and it's true that they may increase their involvement with our IndyCar program."
    Things like this can only be good for the sport. Verizon was the only sponsor, outside of Danica's, that did any activation this year and its great to see them expand their presence in Indy.

I have been saying for a while that you have to build credibility with companies and the more Fortune 500 companies invested in the sport the more credibility you have. If and when Verizon makes the its announcement its upping its involvement with Indy it will help every other team out there looking for a sponsorship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This news about Verizon is definitely good for the series, and a bit surprising to me. Penske and in particular Will Power deserve a lot of credit for getting this big sponsor involved. Certainly Will's success on track this season in the Verizon car has played a huge part in their decision to devote more resources to this series. I can imagine that they've gotten the most bang for their buck out of any of the sponsors this season, with that car nearly always running up front.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    This news about Verizon is definitely good for the series, and a bit surprising to me. Penske and in particular Will Power deserve a lot of credit for getting this big sponsor involved. Certainly Will's success on track this season in the Verizon car has played a huge part in their decision to devote more resources to this series. I can imagine that they've gotten the most bang for their buck out of any of the sponsors this season, with that car nearly always running up front.
    It's not that surprising. Their hands are tied with Nascar because Sprint is the official wireless/mobile sponsor. Whilst in Indycar they are themselves official wireless sponsor and they also sponsor the best driver/team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    It's not that surprising. Their hands are tied with Nascar because Sprint is the official wireless/mobile sponsor. Whilst in Indycar they are themselves official wireless sponsor and they also sponsor the best driver/team.
    Well, I still say it's surprising because... how does the IndyCar series rate on the sports/sponsor map? You're comparing it to NASCAR, but these days that's a ridiculous comparison. I'm just saying that it's surprising and nice to see a major sponsor like Verizon find value in the ICS, regardless of the fact that they are with a great driver/team. A lot of the "big" sponsors outside of IZOD have been around during the "Good" years and have sorta just tagged along now in the not so good years. To pick up a big new sponsor like Verizon in this slump is very good to see.