Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto-Matic
    I agree 100%. I rooted for RHR the most and if he still doesnt land a competative ride, after all he's proven, then i dont know how strongly I can follow ICS. yeah $$$ talks but at some point, if you want to be a legit organization that wants to win, talent has to mean something.
    I've not had much of a positive or negative opinion of RHR through the years. He has largely been a mid-packer. By that I mean he's not know to run with the top dogs day in and day out. I'm not saying he isn't an asset but, is he really that important? He ran a couple of great races this year but "after all he's proven" doesn't sit well in my opinion. Through his entire career, he's either on or off and that is what he was this year. Aside from those couple of great drives, he was largely mediocre wasn't he?
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Weird, idk why it would work for me because I am not a subscriber. Here is a quick summary.

It says chip is the final stages of a deal with TBC to pay CGR $10 mil to field Graham. TBC will also pay Rahals salary and Chip can still sell some sponsorship on the car. Then it talks about businessman of Chips says he denied 3rd car possibility so TBC would give him more money. Then it tries to make GR looking bad bye saying TBC should maybe give that money to SFR since that is where he was at the time. It talks about release clauses, blah blah blah, GR is an american hopefully TBC will promote him well and it's good to see an american in good seat. Then it just goes on to say his stats for the past 4 or 5 years.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think Graham "stole" anything from SFR.

He may have "stolen" the sponsorship from Jay Howard though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    I've not had much of a positive or negative opinion of RHR through the years. He has largely been a mid-packer. By that I mean he's not know to run with the top dogs day in and day out. I'm not saying he isn't an asset but, is he really that important? He ran a couple of great races this year but "after all he's proven" doesn't sit well in my opinion. Through his entire career, he's either on or off and that is what he was this year. Aside from those couple of great drives, he was largely mediocre wasn't he?
    he was as good or better than his teammates on any given day.... and hte gy has never had a decent ride - often had teams capable of occasional wins but nothing consistent.... not saying he is great - just pointing out that his equipment has rarely given him the opportunity to showcase any talent he may have.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    he was as good or better than his teammates on any given day.... and hte gy has never had a decent ride - often had teams capable of occasional wins but nothing consistent.... not saying he is great - just pointing out that his equipment has rarely given him the opportunity to showcase any talent he may have.....
    I totally agree. I just never jumped on the bandwagon of him being the chosen one. I realize we need more Americans and he is certainly talented, just not top level. But on those days where he's hooked up he certainly runs up front. Milwaukee several years back he was unreal.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RHR gets 2 more years at Andretti.
    http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-through-2012/

No sponsors announced yet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Taking shape-

Bold is set-

Andretti Autosport
    Marco
    Danica
    RHR

Penske Racing/Team Penske Racing
    Power
    HCN
    Briscoe

If the Captain wants TK, the Captain will get TK.

Target Chip Ganassi
    Dixon
    Dario
    Rahal

A.J. Foyt Enterprises
    Vitor

KVRT
    Ride buyer ~1
    Ride buyer ~2

KV Renta Team

Panther
    Wilson

Very close to being done.

de Ferran Dragon Racing
    Pagenaud
    TBD

HVM
    SDS

Conquest
    TBD
    TBD

FAZZT
    Tagliani

Newman Hass
    TK/TBD
    TBD

Trying to get TK. Muto to stay if TK is there?

Dreyer and Reinbold Racing
    Conway
    TBD 2
    TBD 3

Money and ride rides buyers fill this team out. Maybe a deal with PT?

Sarah Fisher Racing
    Fisher

Money, money, money. Team might rent itself out for road races, or put another driver in the car for the season.

Dale Coyne Racing
    Ride buyer 1
    Ride buyer 2
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, that raises some more questions...which apparently won't get answered either.

So I guess we'll see.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just a few things...

Andretti is close to singing a two year deal for Ryan's sponsorship. I've heard its one of their existing sponsors who is stepping up to a primary role, so hopefully it will be a Dr Pepper/Snapple car.

I'm also hearing that Takuma Sato is set with KV and Lotus for next year. Don't be surprised if the Panasonic logo moves from NHR to his car next year. He's still popular in Japan and Honda wants him in the series.

Also heard that Rafa has been told he is no longer associated with de Ferran/Dragon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    TK and Briscoe at deFerran/Dragon?? That would be a pretty strong lineup to bring that team up a notch...