Since the schedule is out now I thought I’d put together my first silly season list, its September anyway and we should see at least one major announcement at Homestead. We will know the sport is getting better the shorter the season is. Hopefully there will be fewer last minute deals, drivers and their teams will be able to stay together during off season and come back stronger. The less movement we see the better the sport is honestly.

Andretti Autosport
The team is looking at getting all four of its drivers back, with deals locked in for three of their four teams they can focus on finding more money for Ryan Hunter Reay

Penske Racing/Team Penske Racing
Penske is on record saying the plan is to remain a three-car team in 2011. Castroneves' contract goes through next year, Will is unsigned, but will probably be the champion, so if there is an odd man out it would be Briscoe, but he might have to take a pay cut to remain at Penske if sponsorship cannot be found.

Target Chip Ganassi
No third car for Graham, no major changes expected. Scott Dixon is talking about wanting to form his own team, but is under contract for 2011. There is a chance that Chip decides to help Scott form a satellite team

A.J. Foyt Enterprises
Never hear anything about these guys, they’re field filler with a loyal sponsor. ABC will probably be returning but they don’t seem to be putting any effort into securing a second sponsor or building their operation.

KVRT
KV Racing wants to be back with three cars next year. Lotus is back and that probably means Takuma Sato is back as well. As for the other two ride buyers... there are a lot of free agents out there and Lotus may want a British driver.

Panther
Supposedly Graham Rahal is close to closiing deal for 2011 for the No. 4 National Guard car. Quick Trim and NTB could join as associate sponsors. They are looking at possible second car for Ed Carpenter, Dan Wheldon or anyone who either can bring money or they could build a deal around.

de Ferran Dragon Racing
I heard that HP is a two year deal but Matos is clearly on the hot seat and he's at the end of a two-year contract. They would like to expand to a second car but are in the same situation as Panther. Could be a possible destination for Graham Rahal or Dan Wheldon.

HVM
Simona de Silvestro says she wants to be back in Indycar next year, and of course Keith Wiggins wants her to come back with HVM. Simona's people are looking for sponsorship for her, Keith's people are looking for sponsorship for her and also looking for another ride buyer/more sponsorship for a second car.

Conquest
Apparently Eric Batchelart has realized he needs to build his team around a driver and Bertrand Baguett realized he’s not F-1 bound anymore and they’re talking about next year. It looks like they’ll have Baguett in a full-time ride with a rent-a-car available for ride buyers.

FAZZT
Tagliani has a four year contract. They’re supposedly committed to finding a second car for a Canadian driver; Paul Tracy and James Hinchcliff are seen as the mostly likely candidates at this point.

Newman Hass
This team is still in flux. I don’t think anyone knows what NHR’s 2011 plans are.

Dreyer and Reinbold Racing
Will be back with cars and a couple of part time deals in 2010, but who the drivers will be is anyone’s guess. Justin Wilson and Z-Line only has a one-year contract and both could go somewhere else. Mike Conway will probably be back if his recovery goes as planned.

AFS Racing
Will be a one-car satellite team for Andretti in 2011 most likely with Adam Carroll driving.

Sarah Fisher Raciing
More than likely will remain a one car, part time team unless more funding is found.

Rahal Letterman Racing
Could be back full time if they find a sponsor. I would expect they will be back at Indy and possibly a few other races.

Dale Coyne Racing
Who knows... seriously both drivers are on one-year contracts. Alex put a bit of his own money into the deal and would like to move up and honestly has the results to merit a better ride, Milka might not be allowed back.

Possible new teams

Walker Racing Partners
Supposedly Derrick Walker and Greg Beck will have a full time team in 2011, if sponsorship can be found. They’re talking with J.R. Hildebrand, but could be a destination for a number of drivers.

Bryan Herta Autosport
I think he's targeting 2012 as his first full season but his plan calls on making the Indy 500 this year and he'd like two have two cars in the race.

Known and likely free agents in absolutely no order, some are looking harder than others, and some are available if someone wants them.
Justin Wilson (Have sponsor will travel)
Graham Rahal
Paul Tracy
Dan Wheldon
J.R. Hildebrant
Alex Lloyd
Milka Dunno
Jonathan Summerton
John Edwards
James Hinchcliff
Bruno Junquaria
Oriol Servia
Franck Perrera
J.K. Vernay
Daniel Morad
Kevin LaCroix
James Rossiter
Ana Beatriz
Stefan Wilson
Ed Carpenter
Mario Moreas
E.J. Viso
Bruno Senna
Sebastien Bourdais
Conor Daly (Will probably be full time in Indy Lights, but should be at Indy and few other races, possibly with Sam Schmidt Motorsports)
Dan Wheldon
Jan Heylen
Scott Speed
Casey Mears (Only because he will never get a mildly competitive ride in NASCAR again)