Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would absolutely love a 2 car team with Hinchcliffe and Servia. Sounds a little unlikely given their recent troubles, but it at least looks like they're not going to shut down the team and will field at least one car with an actual good driver.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good to see NHL back to being a team with proper drivers again!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hinchcliffe and Adam Carroll to be Newman/Haas's drivers in 2011?

You never know....

Might be a bit risky to go with 2 young drivers. But, $$$ talks.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A busy few weeks-

Bold is set-

Andretti Autosport
    Marco
    Danica
    RHR

No word on who will fund RHR, but the Snapple/Dr. Pepper rumors are not correct. They were tied into the 7/11, and the hope is they might still might be primary for some races.

Penske Racing/Team Penske Racing
    Power
    HCN
    TK/Briscoe

If the Captain wants TK, the Captain will get TK, and looks like it might be in the works. Money is the issue, as Briscoe comes in less than TK, but Briscoe might end up with money strapped De ferran.

Target Chip Ganassi
    Dixon
    Dario

Ganassi/Prudhomme Racing
    Rahal
    Kimbal

Should be announced soon. Team coming together, and looks like all the funding is in place. Shop is in Brownsburg, about 20-30 minutes from the Ganassi shop. Good staff being put together...

A.J. Foyt Enterprises
    Vitor

KVRT
    Sato
    Mutoh/Viso
    Ride buyer ~3

KV Renta Team-Mutoh trying to get money togerther, Viso seems to have some funding as well.

Panther
    TBD

Still looking or an american. Wheldon might be back, at a reduced cost.

de Ferran Dragon Racing
    Briscoe/TK

Money is an issue- TK would be in, save for his current salary demands, which he deserves.

HVM
    SDS

Money a big issue here.

Conquest
    Bag
    TBD

Money is also an issue here

FAZZT
    Tagliani
    Tung

Newman Hass
    Servia
    Hinch

Good things on the horizon.

Dreyer and Reinbold Racing
    Wilson
    Conway
    TBD 2

Wheldon might be considered if he has some funding.

Sarah Fisher Racing
    Carpenter

Money brought in from TG.

Dale Coyne Racing
    Ride buyer 1
    Ride buyer 2/?

Viso or Mutoh could end up here as well.

Team 3G
    LOL

Like I said last year, will not happen. Team owes to much money.

Rahal
    No one-

Not very likley, and the truck seen on the road is for Rahal's Legacy Historic series, not ICS. Lets not have another bunch of "Swift" trucks spotted like we had after the Swift Champcar went away.

Walker
    Trying hard!

Fingers crossed that DW can come up with something.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Shell officially announced their sponsorship of helio. Here's a pic of the car and the official press release

http://www.shell.us/home/content/usa.../audio_visual/

http://www.shell.us/home/content/usa...10_racing.html

From what I hear its a massive deal with Penske, and Shell's focus is on the cup car, but yeah, its a good thing for the sport.

Also, the release reference that Shell will have a presence across all three Penske open wheel cars and specifically mentions Ryan Briscoe... This is like fourth or fifth confirmation that Briscoe will be with the team so I'm not sure why there is still rumors floating TK is going to replace him. If the Captain wants him he'll end up at de Ferran Dragon, if nothing else Roger is loyal to his drivers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any chance that Speed would land an Indy Car Ride now that he is a free agent?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Placid
    Any chance that Speed would land an Indy Car Ride now that he is a free agent?
    I think Scott Speed has burned a lot of bridges in Indycar land the way he has spoken about the series. Personally, I'd like him to be "stuck" taking an Indycar ride, to see him fill something he feels he is superior to.

I think having an American with a name like Scott Speed would be good for the series, however, I do not want to see his attitude about our sport in our sport.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets get silly...

-The Captain is now saying, that if he doesn't find sponsorship for Hornish in Nationwide (which he likely won't), he will run him in the Indy 500 (because if he was under contract and you had nothing else to do with him, why wouldn't you run a car in the Indy 500 for a former champion?). I'd guess, he'd run a Pennzoil sponsored car, if that happens. The Shell money is mostly going to the NASCAR side of Penske's operation and one of the reasons Penske stole/poached them away from Childress, was the Indy 500 carrot. Another "thank you" for coming aboard, would be running another Shell/Pennzoil car at Indy (likely with the money coming out of RP's pocket). Sam in a all yellow Pennzoil car, would be nice to see again.

-I have also heard Mike Conway may end up at KV (the Lotus angle may be working here and his funding may not be enough for D&R) and that 09' GP champion Andy Soucek may end up with D&R. D&R's 3 full-time cars then would be Wilson in the #22, Tracy in the #23 and Soucek in the #24. Beatriz could be back for Indy again in the #25.

-I think Moraes could be gone (no loss) and so could Mutoh (ditto). Both seem to have lost their checkbook, which was the only thing keeping them employed. Of course, with as much coin that Moraes's family has, that could always change as we get closer to the start of the season. He was able to crack it back open last year, at the last minute.

-Panther could end up running Hildebrand as their only full-time driver in the Guard #4 and they could bring Wheldon back (with NOS sponsorship to go along with some secondary Guard money) to run the Indy 500 for them. I think Wheldon explored getting a Indy Car team together, but is more likely now to run full-time for Kyle Busch in the Truck Series. Wheldon also could end up with Andretti, in the Indy 500. Lots of questions though still with both Panther and what Andretti will do (if anything) with a 4th car.

-Snake Racing is the likely name of the Rahal/Kimball team. It will be based in Brownsburg, IN. Sounds like it will be a similar setup as Jay Penske had when he started his team. Wasn't a true Team Penske team. This won't be a true Ganassi team. But, there will be some sharing going on. Rahal's car will be yellow, black and white and Kimball's will be light blue/green, orange and white. Would not be surprised, if Gary Peterson/AFS ends up in some sort of role here either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here he goes with the "great Sam Hornish" again. At least for an Indy one off, that isn't as unlikely. I could see that happening if he has no Nationwide seat either.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let's just get the info correct on Soucek. He won the 2009 FIA F2 Championship, which in terms of competition and car capability is considered below GP2.

In 2007 and 2008, he ran the GP2 series, finishing 16th and 14th.