Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you swim?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What is sort of funny where I live is that there is Georgian Bay, all sorts of natural lakes and ponds and rivers everywhere. Many farms have either natural ponds or dug ponds.
    Just the same there all sorts of regulations and fences with locked gates required for anyone who puts in a swimming pool.
    The people next door might have a 5 or 6 foot deep fish pond but that is ok without fencing.
    Politicians with too much time on their hands.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Nope.

Went to a pool several times when I was younger. Didn't seem natural to me. Don't much like water.

Oh and I live on an island, and the beach was just across the road half my life... Oh well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can't really swim but yet I go to the beach and go into the water (as long as it's low tide). Our school used to have swimming lessons at P.E. but for some reason they cut it from our year group (I think we were too bad behaved ).
    Feel free to visit my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/DZoneMotorsportTV

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    We had swimming lessons at at school until we were 12. But I don't think schools like doing swimming after that age because only some of the boys have hairs and only some of the girls have breasts.
    That's probably a factor, that and if you haven't learned by then you aren't going to!
    I only did swimming lessons in primary school, which of course I left when I was 11.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like a few others, I was raised around water and can't remember not being able to swim. I can remember being at vacation spots where my parents had to speak to the lifeguards before I was allowed to cross the ropes to the deeper sections. Sea Hunt was my favorite TV show and I had a NAUI divers license in 1970.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    That's probably a factor, that and if you haven't learned by then you aren't going to!
    I only did swimming lessons in primary school, which of course I left when I was 11.
    I found primary school lessons so useless, I only learned by having private lessons a couple of years after I left

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    I learned to swim when I was about 5 years old, in a cold lake north of Montreal (not far from St. Jovite ).
    It was compulsory when I was in school, but I don't believe that's the case anymore. In primary school we were bussed to the nearest public pool, but we were fortunate to have a pool as part of my high school.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My mother worked as a swimming teacher, so I also can't remember a time when I couldn't swim. She says I learned in the bath when I was a baby (not sure if that's a wind-up, now that I type it out).

My kids can both swim. It was more important for the younger one, because she knows no fear of water, so from the time she could walk she would head straight for the sea when we'd go to the beach. We had to get her swimming just so we'd be able to relax on the beach.

There's nothing like the first swim of the year to make you feel it's Summer.

Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Well I could swim.

I used to go with primary school on a friday aftrenoon down the local pool, and also used to swim on a saturday morning.

The only thing is I havnt been swimming since 1996.
    Time is the enemy.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I can swim.

Amazing is to notice that more and more kids novadays can't swim? Or do they swim with Wii??
    Another Flying Finn