Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ALMS Confirmed for Baltimore

DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hmm, Baltimore instead of Utah. I'm not real surprised that Utah left the schedule, the attendance there seemed minimal. Plus, you have to figure that the ALMS would want to be in the mid-Atlantic region, it's got to be a huge market for all the sponsors.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    Hmm, Baltimore instead of Utah. I'm not real surprised that Utah left the schedule, the attendance there seemed minimal. Plus, you have to figure that the ALMS would want to be in the mid-Atlantic region, it's got to be a huge market for all the sponsors.
    Middle of the desert, or smack dead in the center of the free world..... not a hard choice. Miller's a fine track, but dang, In the middle of the friggin desert......?

I finally got around to changing the date of my reservations at the Hilton this morning, smack dab in the middle of the race course and attached to the paddock. Wonder if they'll take my reservation at Morton's a year in advance??? Maybe we can do it up right.... We've got everything Bernie has always said he wants at a race track, except a $100M check made out to his name.... 8)
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    Middle of the desert, or smack dead in the center of the free world..... not a hard choice. Miller's a fine track, but dang, In the middle of the friggin desert......?
    The problem with attendance at Miller is due to the lack of the Miller top brass spending any money on advertising! A couple of billboards along the freeway in Salt Lake City was about the extent of it. Unless you follow the ALMS schedule, you would never know there was a professional race series with international entrants in the state!

Damn...back to watching tractor pulls!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's always tough to see any road racing series leave a nice long race track, but I agree, all series need partners that promote the events, and it's hard to argue the numbers when you choose to try a hand at a race with over 30 million people within 200 miles or so.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Finally! A race in the mid-Atlantic to replace the failed D.C. Grand Prix (which I greatly enjoyed, minus the heat!).

I'll have to get more details soon, but this might be the perfect opportunity to link up with some old friends in MD and also take my girl to her first race.

Also, I'm a BIG fan of The Wire (the HBO series). They were giving guided tours of Baltimore where parts of the series were filmed up to a couple of years ago. If that's still available, I think that would be interesting (though likely a bit depressing).

Good for ALMS though. I hope this race is a big success!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    LOL, I hope those tours were in an armored car! Some of those parts of the city ( which are nowhere near the GP site btw!) are no joke. That had to be the easiest drama ever written. Just pick up the sun paper every morning.

I know more people that are more looking forward to the ALMS races than the Indycars.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    I know more people that are more looking forward to the ALMS races than the Indycars.
    I know I am. I won't even be going on Sunday.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Thumbs up waved

waved his wow powerleveling crewman, try to laggard wow accounts flavour, said: "You freshman buy wow gold out" "Asia University ... ..." Everyone cheap wow gold was near to utter, wow golden squint wow gold abnormalcy eyes, not vocal but firmly.