Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    How can new legends be reborn?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I for one will not be displeased if Mark takes the title - a very well deserved victory that will be for a thoroughly down to earth bloke
    No, no Button reloaded, please! Not another WDC who wins due to patiently waiting until the moment he get's to drive a largely faster car than the opposition.
    I admit he is a nice person and all but ...

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Hamilton's off in Belgium reminded me immediately his deeds in China '07 - it looks like he has learnt something from that experience, because this time he managed to keep the momentum and get out of the gravel. It is also interesting that while the Chinese accident was probably the key factor in the outcome of the 2007 championship, those 25 points saved from the gravel at Spa might prove to be decisive in turning the WDC in his favour this time. Just shows, how little is the difference between winning and losing. And also shows, how vital very harsh experiences in early career might turn out to be in the long run.

Hamilton's general transformation as a driver is also remarkable. While two years ago he seemed like to most immature driver among front-runners, now he seems like the calmest one! The trip on the gravel is basically his only driver error all season.

If Hamilton wins the 2010 WDC, it will possibly be remembered on the same line with Schumi '95, Senna '91, Prost '86, etc titles. A title in the second or this time even possibly third best machinery against odds and fighting an uphill battle all season. Surprisingly McLaren hit trouble with car development a few races back, but now they seem back in business and as a result Lewis' title chances look pretty good indeed.

The comparison with 1995 seems more interesting to me with every passing race, especially in terms of drivers' performances. Only that the title winner hasn't managed to pull clear of the rest of the field. Hamilton like Schumacher then is having his fourth full season in F1, which turns out to be one of their best ever. Red Bull, like Williams then, keeps collectively throwing points away both in the team's and drivers' front. And Alonso plays the role of Alesi in this comparison.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    No, no Button reloaded, please! Not another WDC who wins due to patiently waiting until the moment he get's to drive a largely faster car than the opposition.
    if he beats Vettel in the same car, as well as Alonso, Hamilton and Button then its hardly undeserved. what was he supposed to do when driving a car not quick enough to even win a race? if he only gets one chance to win a title by only once being in a title winning car, and makes it there great.

its not like he's the de facto number 1 in the team so beating many peoples favourite for numerous titles in the same car has to be worth quite a lot
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't agreed more with you.
    Lewis Hamilton definitely could be a new "Schumacher".
    GrandPrix Center :hot:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I think the Crash Kid is proving, really rather nicely, that the best car alone will not win you the championship.

The driver has to have the calibre to bring the results together.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I think the Crash Kid is proving, really rather nicely, that the best car alone will not win you the championship.
    You are right. If he'd drive just a bit slower, like 99% of his potential, he would have had less crashes and also less brake and upright failures and be miles ahead Lewis in the standings.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    he has taken himself out of at least podium positions 4 times now this year, outside of any car failures.

Turkey - collided with Webber
    Silverstone - collided with either Lewis or Webber and punctured tyre, hit Sutil on his recovery drive
    Hungary -cocked up the restart and got a drive through
    Spa - made a "mistake" and crashed into Button, outside points before getting drive through and hitting Liuzzi on recovery drive.

none of those incidents were really to do with driving too fast, but could be argued to indicate poor judgement or impeteousness.

add in a slightly fragile car at the start of the year and he's not going to win. Having the best car and being the fastest driver does not win you anything, you still have to convert it into results. For all his detractors that is what Button managed last year. When he had a car advantage he capitalised on it. MS did the same, when the car was the best he gave no-one else a chance. Vettel arguabley should have done the same and should have had 4 more podiums this year, and a couple of those could easily have been wins, instead they were low or no points
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Silverstone - collided with either Lewis or Webber and punctured tyre, hit Sutil on his recovery drive
    Unlike other incidents, this was just bad luck. You could blame Vettel for a bad start, but not for the puncture itself.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Unlike other incidents, this was just bad luck. You could blame Vettel for a bad start, but not for the puncture itself.
    In this game you make your luck. Vettel should have known there was not room for two abreast in the corner. Drive with the head, not with your eyes wide shut!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.