Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I was always interested in cars and rallying for as long as I can remember. I used to watch it on TV a lot. Then, in 1996, I got a PS1 for Christmas and the first games that hooked me on sim racing were Monster Trucks and Toca Touring Cars. I was also interested in general gaming, as a pre-teen buck would be. But, for sure, if it wasn't for my love of the sport, I probably wouldn't bother too much with the games.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I used to watch motor sport on TV from a very young age. I remember Damon Hill winning the WDC in 1996 but the first racing game I played was Rally Championship. It was the game that got me into rallying.

I do remember watching the BTCC in 1997 but I didn't know any of the drivers. I got the first Toca game and fallingn in love with that game made be watch every race of BTCC 98.

In short ,I would probably have found my love for motorsport without games, but games accelerated my love.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Both

I remember seeing F1 races on TV and enjoyed racing arcade games.

It wasn't just Days of Thunder that got me into NASCAR, it was Daytona USA arcade machine as well.

Then of course the next step is karting, trackdays and doing the Nurburgring.